• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

FROM Santiago de Compostela TO Braga

Deborah

When we finish our walk to Santiago de Compostela, we'd like to perhaps continue to Lisbon. We would like to stop at Braga but cannot seem to find rail or bus there in October?

Has anyone walked this route?
Can you tell us, if we continued walking down to Braga, how many days it would take?

Help?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Deborah said:
When we finish our walk to Santiago de Compostela, we'd like to perhaps continue to Lisbon. We would like to stop at Braga but cannot seem to find rail or bus there in October?

Portuguese rail is at http://www.cp.pt/ To get to Braga from the north, you must change at Nine. Alsa's bus Santiago-Porto goes via Braga http://www.alsa.es There's a good bus and train service between Porto and Braga. (Beware the hour's time difference Spain-Portugal.)

Deborah said:
Can you tell us, if we continued walking down to Braga, how many days it would take?

depends how far you walk in a day ;-) Santiago-Braga is just under 200km on the waymarked route, but don't forget the waymarking is only in the direction of Santiago.

Haha!

Then maybe I'd be going in circles forever, huh?

I booked my air travel today. I'll tell you, I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. We will first go to Amsterdam on August 9. We love to visit the Hermetic Library there. Then August 14, on to London, where we will stay with a friend until the weekend. Then August 19, on to Wales, where we will stay with MORE friends who will then accompany us BACK to Amsterdam for one last trip to the library and some study.

From AMS we need to figure out how to get to SJPP to begin our walk on the Camino hopefully around September 1. I'm looking at rail schedules today but some don't post this far ahead, so I need to try to figure out number of rail days I'll need so I can purchase railpasses.

I wonder if I can take a bus down from Finesterre to Braga or from Santiago to Braga? Looks like walking would be a 10 day journey. I want to take Joe to Lisbon to show him the Coach Museum. Then we go to Sintra to visit Quinta Regalaria. Then back to AMS to catch our plane home around November 1.

WOOHOO!

I bought a very nice lightweight pack - an Arc-teryx, on a GREAT sale.
I filled it with my 2 changes of clothes, my lightweight jacket, my rain gear and the whole thing weighs less than 10 pounds. All I have to add is my sleeping bag. I'm still trying to figure out what type of bag I'll need, and whether a "Pounder 40 degree bag" or a homemade fleece bag will work. Anybody have feedback on that?

:::doing a happy Camino dance:::::

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back