A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

From SJPDP to Roncesvalles by bus/taxi/ ... ?

Jerome74

I'm still evaluating whether or not to cross the Pyrenees on the first day (because of my recent foot problem) ... I don't want to risk ruining my whole Camino experience on the first day.

But since I'll be staying in SJ anyway, what ways are there to get from SJ to Roncesvalles? Is there a bus line? Do taxis drive you there? At what price? Any other advice?

Thanks a lot :)

Jerome

Jupp

Jerome74 said:
Hi, I'm going along well actually. The physio did help and I also got new shoe lifts.
In your place I'd try to walk from St.Jean, even if you need 8-9 hours, just walk at your rythm, have a rest regularly and enjoy the time. I know many people who'd like to walk the Camino, but can't do it for different reasons (health, age, physical problems...)
You are in good condition and ready to start, so do it, you won't regret your decision.
I wish you good luck and a buen Camino !
Jupp

Jerome,

Caroline Aphessetche runs a taxi service out of St. Jean P deP and we have arranged a lift with her to Roncesvalles. It's 10 euros per person, with a minimum of 3 passengers, so if you go solo, it will be 30 euros.

We contacted her at:

apcaroline@hotmail.com

Kevin

A

Anonymous

In ur situation, I'd leave SJPDP for the next Camino and start this one from Roncesvaux. You know there's gonna be more Caminos for u...Best, xm 8)

Jerome74

Thanks again everyone. But I'll definitely have to skip the Pyrenees this time and I will start in Roncesvalles. I'm trying to arrange sth with Caroline.

Because not only did I have this foot problem recently, I've also got a Gastroenteritis yesterday evening and had to severely vomit several times during the night ... And I've not eaten anything since then. I got some pharmaceuticals right now and it seems to get better again ... And I'm confident I'll be fit again for Thursday when the plane is leaving.

But I've really got a great timing for these things!!! ;) :?

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%