• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

From SJPDP to Roncesvalles by bus/taxi/ ... ?

Jerome74

I'm still evaluating whether or not to cross the Pyrenees on the first day (because of my recent foot problem) ... I don't want to risk ruining my whole Camino experience on the first day.

But since I'll be staying in SJ anyway, what ways are there to get from SJ to Roncesvalles? Is there a bus line? Do taxis drive you there? At what price? Any other advice?

Thanks a lot :)

Jerome

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
hi no bus that goes there BUT if your like 40-50 ppl you cant rent a bus!!

taxi is about 40euros from stjpdp-Roncesvalles
just ask the guy at trainstation in st-jean to you a taxi!

you should walk it take an extra day worth the walk!!

look at this video on youtube:
you see what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8psI6GRsSI

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Jerome74 said:
Hi, I'm going along well actually. The physio did help and I also got new shoe lifts.

In your place I'd try to walk from St.Jean, even if you need 8-9 hours, just walk at your rythm, have a rest regularly and enjoy the time. I know many people who'd like to walk the Camino, but can't do it for different reasons (health, age, physical problems...)
You are in good condition and ready to start, so do it, you won't regret your decision.
I wish you good luck and a buen Camino !
Jupp

Jerome,

Caroline Aphessetche runs a taxi service out of St. Jean P deP and we have arranged a lift with her to Roncesvalles. It's 10 euros per person, with a minimum of 3 passengers, so if you go solo, it will be 30 euros.

We contacted her at:

apcaroline@hotmail.com

Kevin

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In ur situation, I'd leave SJPDP for the next Camino and start this one from Roncesvaux. You know there's gonna be more Caminos for u...Best, xm 8)

Thanks again everyone. But I'll definitely have to skip the Pyrenees this time and I will start in Roncesvalles. I'm trying to arrange sth with Caroline.

Because not only did I have this foot problem recently, I've also got a Gastroenteritis yesterday evening and had to severely vomit several times during the night ... And I've not eaten anything since then. I got some pharmaceuticals right now and it seems to get better again ... And I'm confident I'll be fit again for Thursday when the plane is leaving.

But I've really got a great timing for these things!!! ;) :?

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Back