• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Switzerland - the country that brought you Toblerone

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
The residents of Zermatt in Switzerland have been sending out messages of solidarity with a world struggling with C-19 by projecting images onto the Matterhorn. If you've ever been there you'll appreciate how amazing this must be in real life but, as a taster:

1586686556103.png

Solidarity with Spain

1586686756066.png

Sound advice for Pilgrims with itchy feet

Matterhorn

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How cool is that ! ? ! ?
I remember years ago in Madrid they had a light show, like a fountain of lights on some of the downtown buildings. I think they may have had music also. But to light up the Matterhorn!! ?? How do you even do this?

But to light up the Matterhorn!! ?? How do you even do this?
I must admit that I am in two minds about this. The mountains should be sacrosanct (to the extent that it is still possible these days). It seems that they simply beam up the image from a mountain hut/station. Here is a screenshot from one of the Zermatt webcams of this evening (Monday 13 April 21:38 local time):

Matterhorn.jpg

Last edited:
And here's what the scene looks like in the morning at 9:30. Needless to say that the town of Zermatt lives from tourism and suffers enormous economic damage and economic loss right now.

Matterhorn.jpg

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
On a somewhat related note re: 'the country that brought you Toblerone', near Nyon in French-speaking Switzerland, there is a WWII-era anti-tank defensive wall where the defences look like Toblerones. You can even walk past them on the Sentier des Toblerones (Toblerone Trail).

8353419747_50d32bee09_c 2.JPG

Wendy 2.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That is too cool :cool: Plus I love Toblerone. And the Alps.

I do not like some of the Swiss goats, though; I had a bad experience being chased by one during a dayhike near Grindlewald in the '70s, as I was crossing a field. I'm still holding a grudge :)
Don't hold a grudge; hold a cudgel.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back