• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From the airport into the town

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances & Finisterre 05-07/22 Fran 26? d Nort 27?
Greetings Fellow Members
God Willing as a part of our overall plan my wife is suppose to meet me at the end of my Camino in SdC (and we both then will continue onto Finisterre)
Try as I may i cannot find if there is a public transportation from SDC Airport into the town.
If I do Google directions - it tells me she has to WALK for 20 mins before getting to the bus stop and I find that hard to believe!
Is there a bus stop in the Airport proper, and if so where is it and where does it drops one off in town?
Many thanks in advance

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There is a bus at the entrance to the arrival area. The bus goes to the centre of Santiago and stops at plaza de something, just next to the historic center of Santiago. It is 3 euros.

There is a bus at the entrance to the arrival area. The bus goes to the centre of Santiago and stops at plaza de something, just next to the historic center of Santiago. It is 3 euros.
Used to be Plaza de Galicia, probably still is. Spanish airports generally (e.g. Madrid, Bilbao, Barcelona as well as Santiago) seem to be very good at providing a cheap, easy to use bus route from the nearest city centre to the airport.

This is an article from a local paper. It is essentially saying that the buses (Route 6) now go every 20 min but the journey is a bit longer, 45 min. Cost 5 euros.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
They do like you to have change for the bus. My husband had to borrow some change from another pilgrim because he only had bigger bills a few years ago. He says at that time it was 3.10 euros or something similar. He had to borrow the small change.

Last edited:
As mentioned you need change but very easy. It's right outside the airport doors.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There are machines there that you can buy tickets from. If I remember rightly, you can use debit or credit cards to buy bus tickets.

I booked a taxi through booking.com for 18 euros. They track your flight for delays too. I just wanted to get to my accommodation early evening to rest up for the start of my walk to Finisterre the following morning.

Taxi is basically "last option" however not totally dismissed and on the backburner "just in case"
I\we do prefer public transportation where possible
Thanks everyone for your inputs - seems there IS a bus right outside the terminal, hopefully there will be ticket machines there as well if not - the latest price seems to be 5E so we'll make sure she's got a proper note :) and if it drops at Pl Galizia - got only couple of blocks before our hostel!
All works for me 👍

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Greetings Fellow Members
God Willing as a part of our overall plan my wife is suppose to meet me at the end of my Camino in SdC (and we both then will continue onto Finisterre)
Try as I may i cannot find if there is a public transportation from SDC Airport into the town.
If I do Google directions - it tells me she has to WALK for 20 mins before getting to the bus stop and I find that hard to believe!
Is there a bus stop in the Airport proper, and if so where is it and where does it drops one off in town?
Many thanks in advance
You can catch a bus direct from the airport but for her peace of mind a cab ride to where you are meeting may be the best choice.

The bus (6A) fare from the Airport to Plaza de Galicia costs 1 euro. You can pay the bus driver as you board the bus.

The bus (6A) fare from the Airport to Plaza de Galicia costs 1 euro. You can pay the bus driver as you board the bus.
How about going the other way on a Sunday? I seem to be looking at the wrong thing and rome2rio says to take Monbus and Monbus schedule says it doesn't run on weekends. What's the name of the local 6A bus company?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
How about going the other way on a Sunday? I seem to be looking at the wrong thing and rome2rio says to take Monbus and Monbus schedule says it doesn't run on weekends. What's the name of the local 6A bus company?
Ivar posted the schedule link in post number 3. It runs on Sundays and holidays every 30 minutes.

Ivar posted the schedule link in post number 3. It runs on Sundays and holidays every 30 minutes.
Thanks. I tried that but cannot understand where to find the schedule from the city to the airport. I will try again.... I see my screen is small and I missed the schedule, but still am not sure about it. It says on Sundays it departs from the airport in the morning and leaves every 30 minutes, as you say but then it says it departs from San Marcos and leaves every 30 minutes. According to the explanation of the route, San Marcos is the the first stop after the airport. Or maybe I am reading this incorrectly?? Why does it say San Marcos instead of Horreo or Intermodal?

Last edited:
As a general rule, I have found that European airports have excellent bus or metro connections to the city. Canadian airports, however......

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.