• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Vezelay to Irun

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello, does anyone know of a good way to connect the Le Chemin de St Jacque from Vezelay to Irun? Thanks for your consideration. Cheers, Lovingkindness

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I am planning my biggest adventure yet. I am going to walk all the way from Trondheim (Nidaros), Norway to Santiago de Compostella. As I have already walked from Le Puy en Velay and down the Camino Francaise I want to try a different route, to somehow walk most of the Vezelay path then skip off to Irun. If it is easier to go as far as St Jean Pied de Port then across, perhaps that´s what I´ll do, otherwise any suggestions? God enabling, I´ll set off early August. Cheers, Lovingkindness

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
WhooWheee ... that is LONG trek! Have you been following the Baton from Norway to Santiago??
The first Norwegian partcipant, Trond Gilde started on his bicycle from Stiklestad in Norway on 26 February. With the baton tied to his bicycle he cycled 95 km to Trondheim where there was an exchange of the baton. The second partcipant continued on skis for the next stage from Trondheim on 27 February. On the way towards Santiago there will be many exchanges of the baton through Norway, Denmark, Germany, France and Spain.
Follow the Norweigians here: http://vandrestaveuropa2010.blogspot.com/

lovingkindness said:
I am going to walk all the way from Trondheim (Nidaros), Norway to Santiago de Compostella.
Fantastic! Don't forget to pray this evening. Today it is the feast of St. Olav, the patron saint of Norway. (Nidaros). Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Last year I walked from Troyes to SJPdeP and then tried to walk out to Irun. I got as far as St Etienne de Baigarry and was planning to link into the GR10. However there weather forecast was not good for the next day and I was advised against leaving the next day as I planned because of forecast storms. I decided not to wait and instead caught the train to Bayonne and from there walked down the coast to Irun. There is supposedly a "tow path" along the river Nieve, but the tourist office in St Jean could not tell me a thing about it. The path is reasonably well marked from Bayonne to Irun. The reason I caught the train was that it appeared that I would have quite a bit of busy road walking the next day and I didn't feel like doing that.

I have my itinerary that I can send if you PM me (or email better still lovingkindness) .

Cheers, Janet

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back