• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From your bedroom window

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I just had the idea that even as we have less contact with our face to face community friends, maybe we could get to know our forum friends better.
So.....what’s the view out your bedroom window? If I look straight down from my second-storey bedroom I see this:
B63B828D-F1F7-41AB-8921-195C8F3221EB.jpeg
i don’t object to having vegetables by my front door!
Later this afternoon I can show you the view if I look straight out my window, but first thing in the morning (as it is now) I have sun streaming in which obliterates detail in a photo!

maybe next week we can look out our kitchen windows.....then living room...then our yards etc etc
If it goes on long enough we might even invite each other inside! Perhaps share a cup of tea (by posting teacup pictures).....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just had the idea that even as we have less contact with our face to face community friends, maybe we could get to know our forum friends better.
So.....what’s the view out your bedroom window? If I look straight down from my second-storey bedroom I see this:
View attachment 71513
Later this afternoon I can show you the view if I look straight out my window, but first thing in the morning (as it is now) I have sun streaming in which obliterates detail in a photo!

maybe next week we can look out our kitchen windows.....then living room...then our yards etc etc
If it goes on long enough we might even invite each other inside! Perhaps share a cup of tea (by posting teacup pictures).....
Lovely!
We are just coming out of winter where I live, so nothing is lush and green yet.

I already have my café con leche ready... as you can see in my new avatar 😎

I thought it was time I changed it to something representative of my character 😅!
I occasionally was given a cafe con leche,as the cafe owner would see a Pellegrino and assume that's what I'd want,
Even though I'd asked for an americano,I'm lactose intolerant so didn't really want any leche!
Bill

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I occasionally was given a cafe con leche,as the cafe owner would see a Pellegrino and assume that's what I'd want,
Even though I'd asked for an americano,I'm lactose intolerant so didn't really want any leche!
Bill

I want to state to the moderators that my avatar is in no way meant as a provocation to the Lactose intolerant Community of the Camino 😉 😄!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It's 22.00 pm so it's dark, when I look out the window (11th floor) I see grass and a beautiful pond and trees and bushes.

Have this early morning photo from the sun rise .
View attachment 71519

@Kiwi-family Sorry for derailing your thread, K-family 😄

Yep I'm in the same time zone as Peter F. Can't see my hand in front of me, it's that dark! 👻

I will get back to you in the morning with sum photos from my luxurious suburb…

/BP

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This is my bedroom view!! Just to clarify this is the Illawarra Coast of NSW (about 125 km South of Sydney) looking north at the escarpment.
Great idea to include details of where we are (except for those who are in sensitive areas of course)
Beautiful sunshine today, but some of us are still in winter, or barely out of it. Ask us again in a few weeks. 😊
Please, show us now - looking down on the the plum tree we have out the front from my bedroom window, I noticed its leaves are turning red....we are people of time and place...the snow or mud or grey clouds all count. I wonder how many seasons we’ll go through before this is over.

Holy Concrete!

That's the Amazonian jungle, compared to my parking lot…! o_O
Bad Bad Pilgrim you’ll get a warning for making up new blasphemies. But I laughed out loud. (No disrespect meant to the mods - you do a hard job)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My bedroom and living room both face east with a view of farm land and the currently dormant volcano Mount Baker (obscurred by cloud in this photo) My favourite thing is the Pin Oak tree that attracts a wonderful variety of bird life. The view is ever changing depending on the weather and seasons. It's of great comfort in this time of isolation!
B41195DB-DFF7-403A-B461-8C2BC27C64B3.jpeg

Last edited:

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The view at 06.30: the mountains are not yet visible, but 'this morning gives us promise of a glorious day'. It's still possible to walk across the fields, but I'll desist during the season for spreading slurry.

Attachments

• IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The view at 06.30: the mountains are not yet visible, but 'this morning gives us promise of a glorious day'. It's still possible to walk across the fields, but I'll desist during the season for spreading slurry.

That is my favourite view so far?! Can you please tell us where it is from? o_O

That is my favourite view so far?! Can you please tell us where it is from? o_O

From my bedroom window, here in south Co Mayo, in the west of Ireland. The invisible mountains, which would doubtless be considered molehills in most countries, are the Partry mountains. When I first came here, nearly 40 yeas ago, I was entranced by the four seasons in one day and the forty shades of green and glaucous grey. Even now - especially now! - I still am.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Leafless black walnut trees and sugar maples too. There are some low hills in the distance to the west. We have early spring flowers on the ground. And there are steeper hills immediately to the south, but our house is in a small dale and we are too close to get a good photo. There is a 50' waterfall near the house as well, and I can hear it from the house when the windows are open. Today though, it is 10 degrees F (-9C), and all the windows are shut.

Attachments

• IMG_3459.JPG
    IMG_3459.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 43
Snow, snow, snow!

Attachments

• 572C6FA9-E74A-46E7-BC10-8CD33AA36E70.jpeg
    572C6FA9-E74A-46E7-BC10-8CD33AA36E70.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44

€46,-
Sunny down the road, front door below has my Camino Shell advertising a pilgrim home.
Some of the other offerings look more enticing.
Wish mine showed a cafe on The Way with a credential, a cafe con leche and a pan a choc in front of me.

Attachments

• 2020-03-22 12.20.29.jpg
    2020-03-22 12.20.29.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 2020-03-22 12.18.30.jpg
    2020-03-22 12.18.30.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
I'm going to cheat. Recently a contractor bought the house and lot next door, leveled both the house and lot (and the garden and trees) and then built a three floor house on top of a foundation half as tall as our house. That is our bedroom view now. But the good news is our study area, used as a guest bedroom, has a river view.
Screenshot_20200322-075129.pngScreenshot_20200322-075220.png

If you open the window and lean out in a different season you can see this:
Screenshot_20200322-074254.png

The window goes down to the floor as you can see from this shot outside:
Screenshot_20200322-074627.png

These are from the living room or just outside it:
Screenshot_20200322-074748.pngScreenshot_20200322-074530.png

And to make things sweeter, when we bought the house this was nearly the cheapest house in town.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
View attachment 71513

Very pleasing Indeed!

Here’s a slice of Freeport, Maine.74AA9FCB-4CBB-42D1-A3A0-5453FDAF9481.jpeg We just put out the Adirondack chairs hoping we were done with Winter (we should have known better😂). However, we have 5”- 8” of the snow predicted for Monday night. We are so ready to get busy with the garden and yard, and to feel warm again!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I live out of my van, so my view constantly changes but here is my favorite . . . I took this last winter in Quartzsite, Arizona. Looking out of my van at the neighbor's rig. This photo has NOT been retouched. It really did look like this!
View attachment 71550
Magical! Love it Annie!

Hahaha, much further west and bit more north.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is from our bedroom, but as we live on the Salish Sea and face west, our sunsets tend to be more spectacular than our sunrises. In the photo is our vista of Rosario Strait. We live on Fidalgo Island which the Spanish "discovered" in 1790. They subsequently named many of the islands in the San Juan archipeligo. When you next go to the naval museum in Madrid (Museo Naval), you will see an enormous gold leaf mural taking up an entire wall—floor to ceiling—depicting all of Spain's major voyages of discovery. Salvador Fidalgo's voyage is traced thereon.

IMG_6705.jpg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are in the outer suburbs of Melbourne.
The birches will soon change colour. This view was different this time last week. The new owners across the road cut down the big cyprus trees. I hope they replace them with something nice.
Have attached another pic half way through the destruction 1C4930D2-8F89-4BC2-8363-E528056C2D3C.jpeg

9E043C41-E1F9-4AB2-8ED8-D42ED1C5E4BA.jpeg

I live right in the middle of Bangkok, so just buildings everywhere. Been quite a mental adjustment for a South African used to open space and bush. But thanks to all the corona lockdowns, we have truly blue sky today, not the usual polluted grey. Im loving watching the earth recover so fast.

Attachments

• 20200323_083607.jpg
    20200323_083607.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 32

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
An older photo -- we only very rarely get snow -- but you can see Monaco, France, and Italy -- and if you know where to look, a section of the Camino & coastal Francigena on the Provençal Way. (both the historic Aurelia route and the current waymarked GR one)

View from Window.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Kia ora, Rachel, a lovely thread, and so interesting a set of images.

Mine was taken a few hours - my early afternoon.

I live in a retirement village, so that is a lawn bowls green, with movable stuff for Croquet also in place.
Beyond is a small hillock with self planted "bush" as it is called through most of the country. While we are well in Autumn, this vegetation will remain green throughout the year. Except for three light green trees on the right: they will loose their leaves in about two months.
The four trees directly across the bowling green are Po'hutu'kawa: just before Christmas they produce a bright red "flower" and so are called the Christmas tree - most abundant in coastal areas (the ocean is about 90 metres lower and a little over 1 km behind me).

The "feature" on the window sill (an executive toy) was made by my youngest child (and son) more than 25 years ago.

I look forward to seeing the results of the other "topics" you have in mind.

Kia kaha (especially at this time - my thoughts are with you and yours)DSCN7912.JPG

This is where I am forced to take my self isolation.
It's just me and my dog Penny.
Actually I self isolate quite frequently.
That mountain in the far distance was burning for weeks during all the fires earlier this year in Oz.
This is the very far north of New South Wales.

Attachments

• IMG_0324 (1).JPG
    IMG_0324 (1).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

€46,-
Sorry, I'll have to give up on this thread. My rural broadband connection can't cope with this deluge of photos. That's the downside of living in the middle of nowhere!

€46,-
A lifetime ago I spent 30 days in a retreat just outside Manila, and every day I ‘retreated’ to the cemetery. Not because I am morbid. There was shade there that I couldn’t find anywhere else! Also, I had never seen that kind of cemetery before, very different to my own cultural experience of graveyards. I still recall the feeling when I wrote in my notebook: nothing has changed, yet nothing will ever be the same again. I had another such moment, looking out now from my bedroom window at the containers rolling along on the tracks for the goods trains. Whatever we have in our mind’s eye - no matter how wide or narrow the vista in fact - colours our possibilities for seeing what is actually there in front of us. Maybe I should use the ‘I’ word instead of us... I guess I am just conscious of the vast range of points of view evident both in the views from bedroom windows, and from the life experiences of each one. Thanks again, @Kiwi-family for the idea of this thread.

That's a wonderful reminiscence, Kirkie. I lived in the metro Manila area (Parañaque) for four years when I was with Westin Hotels (Westin Philippine Plaza). I met my wife there in 1976—in a negotiation! Fast forward, we've been married 43 years. The Philippines is a wonderful country with wonderful people. I think you add to its richness.

€60,-

€149,-

€83,-
@Iriebabel Your heron photo is amazing! Especially love the perfect muddy foot prints on the rail :)
Thank you. I will try to attach the 2 videos for you.
View attachment trim.1D71D03D-AA26-4D7A-89AA-BB64E2565270.MOV

The heron didn't seem afraid he was right next to my car social distancing though hahah. He had just come out of the water. Maybe he thought I had food. I think I will drive down there again It was such a lovely day

View attachment trim.BFDCEA27-FD36-4F5D-B974-B99C6A8F46DF.MOV

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.