• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fromista to Madrid

Mouse

Is there a way of getting from Fromista to Madrid?

A couple of months ago I found you could get a train from Fromista to Palencia and then another train from Palencia to Madrid but now cannot find anything (bus or train) leaving from Fromista!!!!! :evil:

We were planning on finishing in Fromista (unfortunately don't have enough time to get to Santiago). Should we rather end somewhere else that's easier to get back to Madrid?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
http://www.fromista.com/transporte.php

Train from Fromista to Madrid-Chamartin
Departs 19:43 arrives 00:01 D Regional Express 08790 costs 20:80
http://www.renfe.es/ (Select English - Idiomas) Check all stations.

If you go from Fromista to Palencia there are more trains to choose from 8:30 11am 5pm 7pm and more trains to Madrid from there.

Hi,
Just this past March, while walking the Camino, I left the Camino for two days to visit friends in Valladolid. I took a train from Fromista to Valladolid (about a 1 hour trip). I think there were at least three trains each day from Fromista to Valladolid but there may have been more. (mine was in the afternoon). I would imagine that from Valladolid there are many trains to Madrid and I took a look at the RENFE website and saw that there were. I checked the RENFE website and put in Fromista to Valladolid and it said there were no trains. I'm not sure if this is an error or if they are not running this train. The train passed through Palencia and I think also Medina del Campo (which is a small town but a big train junction). Fromista was a stop on the Valladolid -Santander line so I would think there should be trains. Not really sure what to tell you but when I was there it was quite easy to get a train from Fromista.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
When using the Renfe site, it is easier to use it in English so look on the left, bottom of the page and you will see a box window for languages.

Once in English, there is a facility to check all stations (not all the stations are listed in the drop down list). It will ask this question:
I
Code:
f your station does not appear on the drop-down list, enter at least 3 letters of the name of the station from which you wish to begin your journey.     
        I want to travel from:
Type in the town you are starting from: eg: Fromista and click on search.

You will be taken to an alphabetical list of all the stations. If you click on Fromista the next page will be an alphabetical list of the all stations trains go to from Fromista. There are two stops in Valladolid.

Thanks so much for this information!!

When I look at the Renfe website I couldn't see anything leaving from Fromista :oops:

Only 10 more sleeps!!!!! Can't wait.

€46,-
And another option is a train Chamartin-Sahagun, I took it in 1997 to begin my, then, 2nd Camino. I suppose it's easy by train or by bus to get Sahagun-Fromista.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Found all the times etc to get from Fromista to Palencia then to Madrid in time to meet my daughter and son in law!! They live in London so will be really good to see them.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.