• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fromista

sriyantra

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances September "2014"
Hi,
Anyone stayed at Hotel Rural San Thelmo in Fromista? I am looking for a private hostal there. Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, haven't stayed there, but Tripadvisor says this: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...ta_Province_of_Palencia_Castile_and_Leon.html

I used this list when I walked. Its was useful for booking ahead. http://www.spanishsteps.eu/camino-frances/accommodation/

You can go here for links to useful planning tools http://www.theroadtosantiago.com/camino-planning-tools.html

Buen camino!
Thank you. I will have a look. I have to do some planning because my husband won't be able to walk the full distance but I am going to try to do so and meet up with him at places along the way !!!! How is out there for taxis and buses between towns? Thanks heaps. Sonia

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have book a double room using Booking.com at the Hotel San Pedro for my friend and me. The doubles are €50.

Thank you. I will have a look. I have to do some planning because my husband won't be able to walk the full distance but I am going to try to do so and meet up with him at places along the way !!!! How is out there for taxis and buses between towns? Thanks heaps. Sonia

Hi Sriyantra, taxis and buses are available along the way. There's a page there that will give you a bit more info. Good luck!

I stayed at the Hostal Camino de Santiago in Fromista. It was a lovely place with a good breakfast and wifi! Go past the Church of San Pedro towards Albergue Estrella del Camino, and it is on the left, on a small plaza.
Buen Camino!
Terry

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed at the Hostal Camino de Santiago in Fromista. It was a lovely place with a good breakfast and wifi! Go past the Church of San Pedro towards Albergue Estrella del Camino, and it is on the left, on a small plaza.
Buen Camino!
Terry
Thanks very much. What about Vega de Valcarce any private accommodation/B&B/Hostal? I don't want to overextend myself by trying to make it from Villafranca del Bierzo to O'Cebreiro in one day so thought I would break it in Vega de Valcarce. Any recommendations? Thanks heaps. Sonia

I have just booked my friend into CTR PARAISO DEL BIERZO
Las Herrerias del Valcarce
CTR PARAISO DEL BIERZO

24526 LAS HERRERÍAS DE VALCARCE
León.
Tfnos.: 987 684 138 · Móvil: 629 92 82 60
http://www.paraisodelbierzo.com
paraisojorge@gmail.com

And from there:
21km to Herrerías Paraiso del Bierzo http://www.paraisodelbierzo.com/descubrir.htm
Las Herrerías - Biduedo 23.5
Meson Betularia Tel: (0034) 982 36 71 72
Biduedo - Sarria 24.5 CP Cristal (Booking.com)
Thanks once again. Blessings

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks once again. Blessings
Hi Again, Any ideas for private accommodation at Calle? I don't want to go over the 20km mark a day and am thinking of Sarria/Portomarin/Palas de Rei/Castaneda/Calle/San Paio/Santiago. Thanks. Sonia

Sonia,

If you haven't made reservations yet for Palas de Rei check out La Cabana. Although I generally stay in pilgrim albergues this is favorite restaurant/hotel spot of mine just east of Palas de Rei on the camino. They also offer a very good pilgrim room rate. Here is their web . Their friendly bar with wide verandah is a fine place to relax and use the free Wifi.

MM

Sonia,

If you haven't made reservations yet for Palas de Rei check out La Cabana. Although I generally stay in pilgrim albergues this is favorite restaurant/hotel spot of mine just east of Palas de Rei on the camino. They also offer a very good pilgrim room rate. Here is their web . Their friendly bar with wide verandah is a fine place to relax and use the free Wifi.

MM
Thank you. I haven't made any bookings yet. I am fact finding while the days are hot and I am in air conditioning! I am still training everyday but do it early in the morning - 5 - 7am. At 65 years of age I joined a gym last week to do some training in cooler conditions. The 2 trainers hadn't heard of the Camino and were going home to watch "The Way". They have worked out a program for me and I had my first session this morning. On the step up machine I imagined I was walking from SJPDP to Roncesvalles!!! It will give me confidence. Thanks again for the help. Sonia

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have just booked my friend into CTR PARAISO DEL BIERZO
Las Herrerias del Valcarce
CTR PARAISO DEL BIERZO

24526 LAS HERRERÍAS DE VALCARCE
León.
Tfnos.: 987 684 138 · Móvil: 629 92 82 60
http://www.paraisodelbierzo.com
paraisojorge@gmail.com

And from there:
21km to Herrerías Paraiso del Bierzo http://www.paraisodelbierzo.com/descubrir.htm
Las Herrerías - Biduedo 23.5
Meson Betularia Tel: (0034) 982 36 71 72
Biduedo - Sarria 24.5 CP Cristal (Booking.com)
Hi, I want to stay somewhere special in Santiago to celebrate arriving (being optimistic). My son recommended Catedral Suites but it looks modern. Do you know of anywhere else that has a touch of luxury but has older architecture? Am willing to pay Aust$120 a night which = roughly 180euros a night. Thanks for your help. Sonia

Hi, I want to stay somewhere special in Santiago to celebrate arriving (being optimistic). My son recommended Catedral Suites but it looks modern. Do you know of anywhere else that has a touch of luxury but has older architecture? Am willing to pay Aust$120 a night which = roughly 180euros a night. Thanks for your help. Sonia
OOPS I meant Aust$120 which would equal approx 80 euros a night.......

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back