• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Full Body Yoga Stretching Routine after Hiking

Walking Nature World

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (2018)
In today's video I will share with you my favourite full body yoga stretching routine. This is a compilation of the different yoga postures that I find to be the most effective to release the sore muscles. I love doing it several times a week while I am on a long hike of after having the intense exercise routine. It is also great for the whole body relaxation and creating the meditative state of mind. So let's begin!

Watch the full video here:

Thank you for joining me here for this stretching routine. Hope that you enjoyed this practice! I am curious to know what stretching routine you prefer, let me know in the comments.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
After finishing walking for the day and showers, laundry etc, I’d lie on my bunk doing yoga stretches with some chill sounds on the headphones for 30-40 mins. Nice and easy.

In today's video I will share with you my favourite full body yoga stretching routine. This is a compilation of the different yoga postures that I find to be the most effective to release the sore muscles. I love doing it several times a week while I am on a long hike of after having the intense exercise routine. It is also great for the whole body relaxation and creating the meditative state of mind. So let's begin!

Watch the full video here:

Thank you for joining me here for this stretching routine. Hope that you enjoyed this practice! I am curious to know what stretching routine you prefer, let me know in the comments.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you - very useful.
Anyone got any tips for a quick stretch to get you started in the morning? Or do most people just get warm up by starting out slowly?

Thank you - very useful.
Anyone got any tips for a quick stretch to get you started in the morning? Or do most people just get warm up by starting out slowly?
It's my understanding that you should warm up before stretching.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Like I love the idea but the routine lost me at plank and downward facing dog - many of us just don’t have the flexibility/ so is there anything for beginners?

Thank you - very useful.

Thank you for leaving your feedback. You can easuly incorporate some of these stretches in your morning routine choosing the ones that suit you best. And of course starting slowly also helps.

Like I love the idea but the routine lost me at plank and downward facing dog - many of us just don’t have the flexibility/ so is there anything for beginners?

Thank you for commenting. Instead of the plank you can always lean on your knees. And downward facing dog can be adjusted to any level just by bending your knees. The most important thing there is to keep the back straight and practice by practice you will be able to do a complete posture. Try it and let me know how it goes. You can still do any of these postures without these transitions as well during the day or when you want a quicker stretch.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back