• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

full dress rehersal

Trishkerry

Time of past OR future Camino
Done....Frances, Norte ,Primitivo, Finisterre
Future ...via de la plata
Just finished 14mile walk wearing and carrying exactly what i will be wearing and carrying on the Camino next week. Some slight reajustments on my rucksack and im good to go :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Re: full dress rehersal

Buen Camino Trish!
I'm starting the 20th from SJPDP, and I'll be doing the same adjustments this weekend.

Well done Trish. Remember every day on the Camino is exactly that - a day. If you can do one day there's a very good chance you can do 30+ days.

You will have to adjust your backpack slightly from time to time if you're wearing more layers etc, but as long as the main principles are right you'll be fine. If not there will be a random Swiss person or someone along the way who will say 'Tut tut' and sort you out.

Buen Camino! :D

Blessings to you Trish! "May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields. May God hold you in the palm of His hand." (Great Irish prayer)

Ultreia!

Mary

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Re: Re: full dress rehersal

m2silk said:
Buen Camino Trish!
I'm starting the 20th from SJPDP, and I'll be doing the same adjustments this weekend.
Im starting same day same place. Im booked into Orisson that night so i may well see you on the way. Thank you every one for your lovely words. I stopped off today at a small church and said a prayer for all of those that will be on the Camino and for all the loved ones that we are leaving at home. x

Buen Camino Trish !!!

I'm just starting my preparations, I'll be walking in October this year.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Such a great way to prepare. Pack your bag, put on your shoes, and go for a long walk. The more one can do this, the better. We can become quite comfortable with our bag and it's contents. Many know the preparation can be extremely rewarding. May you have a beautiful journey.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Trish

Hope you have a great time on your camino, have to confess to a little feeling of jealousy that your waiting is nearly over and I've still 42 days to somehow endure before I take that 1st step from St Jean :oops: but what can't be cured must be endured.

Buen camino

Seamus

Hi All

Today I did approx 15km's with 10kg's on my back without any problems.
This included some very steep hills around the Fresnaye area in Cape Town, it was 26 degrees today.

A little over two weeks left of training and I start the Camino.

Hope to see some of you along "The Way"

Buen Camino

Regards,
Darren

Buen Camino Darren and Good luck with the training. x

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Thanks Trish

Buen Camino to you :D

First of all - Ultreia, Trish!!!

My hometown. the whole city, was surrounded by a picked-fence during the WW2 (first occupied by Italians and after 1943 by Germans) which went 35km around the city. After the war, in the so-called social-realistic times the walking route was established on that circle. And every year on 9th of May there's a run/march around the city. Up to 50.000 people attending.

It's great test for both the equipment and person, so I guess it'll be good for you to take a plane to Ljubljana and.... - just kidding :lol: But, yes, take a several walks with full backpack and especially in the boots you're planning for Camino. Worn then out some!!!

And when you're on Camino just take it easy for the first days until Pamplona, where it's recomended to take the first day off-walk. Just do some sight-seeing. You don't have to be ashamed!!! Enjoy it, because Camino isn't only those looong waste prairie-like walks. Camino is everything, maybe most of all - the people!

Take care. And post some reply :D

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.