Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Fun Camino alternative

easygoing

Camino Sharon
Camino(s) past & future
I have walked the Camino Francis 7 times, twice in 2017 and 2018. (2019)
I love planning. Using the walking for fun website my husband and I have accumulated 61.8 miles in the past week. We are walking the virtual Camino Francis and do enough miles each day to get to a town with a private room (for social distancing) We planned an extra day in Pamplona pretending we were with our friend Carmen. And that night I recreated the menu at the local cheese and wine bar.
I have especially enjoyed researching new places to stay. With the luxury of shorter days we are visiting many new villages for overnight stays. To make the trip more real I figure the milage goal we need each day and have only had to sleep under a tree one night. We are also eating our favorite pilgrim meals and making our own lunches.
And as a Camino addict I am also wearing the same limited number of clothes I take on the camino. Here is the website and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés, Oct 2020
I love planning. Using the walking for fun website my husband and I have accumulated 61.8 miles in the past week. We are walking the virtual Camino Francis and do enough miles each day to get to a town with a private room (for social distancing) We planned an extra day in Pamplona pretending we were with our friend Carmen. And that night I recreated the menu at the local cheese and wine bar.
I have especially enjoyed researching new places to stay. With the luxury of shorter days we are visiting many new villages for overnight stays. To make the trip more real I figure the milage goal we need each day and have only had to sleep under a tree one night. We are also eating our favorite pilgrim meals and making our own lunches.
And as a Camino addict I am also wearing the same limited number of clothes I take on the camino. Here is the website and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
Hi Easygoing, I have been walking the virtual Camino too as I busy myself in the garden and with short Walks. I was planning to start my first ‘actual ‘ Camino in four weeks time so am pleased to be looking at the images of what I should have been seeing. At the moment I an just past Hostanas, having completed 321 km.

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
It is fun, an you don't even need the fancy app. I've been revisiting the Invierno, with the help of an Excel spreadsheet I'm making as I go. Every day I walk and get a bit closer to Santiago, measuring distances on my Osmand map. I find I'm walking much more than normal, and many days in the last two weeks I've been making about a half-day's progress on a 'normal' camino.

MaineSally

MaineSally
Camino(s) past & future
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
Thanks Camino Sharon for sharing the site. Just joined and will have to dig out my Fitbit again. Wish we had more trails to access around here. I pound the pavement with rather unforgiving shoulders.

Advertisement

Booking.com