Deleted member 67185
As I was pondering about non-COVID things, I wondered what kind of multitasking master list we could come up with for the lowly poncho.
- A shelter lean-to. (A bit of cord and trekking poles make it even more independent in setting up.)
- A sun shelter, it can be rigged up to provide you shade in hot climates.
- Ground cloth: Under a tent, or a survival shelter, a poncho can protect you from the damp ground. If you are in a cold damp climate, this can help you stay warm.
- Wind Break: While a poncho without the liner does not have much insulating qualities, you will be warmer if you wrap up in the poncho in windy weather, this will help protect you from wind chill.
- Privacy -- great emergency privacy screen when needing to do some 'elimination' business and natural coverage of bushes or tall grass is scarce. It also works when needing to change pants or shorts.
- Sit pad. When taking a break and sitting surfaces are damp.
- Mattress cover.
- Can make an emergency backpack or carryall.
- Windshell to add a bit of extra warmth to layers. Great for cool, early mornings when you need something that can be quickly removed after you have warmed up from walking.