• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Further Good News - Camino Ingles (from Coruna)

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
Further to the welcome pre-Christmas announcement that Pilgrims starting their pilgrimage in A Coruna could obtain the Compostela, provided that they have walked the balance of the Camino (25km) in their own country or where they live. Avril Gonzalez-Primero of the the Coruna Tourist Association announced that they have secured funding this year to set up a temporary installation on the promenade (adjacent to Riazor Beach) which will contain three treadmills. The treadmills will be pre-programmed to mimic the undulating nature of parts of the Ingles route and can be booked in sessions of 10kms, in order to ensure that in busy times all pilgrims have fair and reasonable access. The facility will have a set of full-width, bi-folding doors facing the beach to ensure that Pilgrims breath the fresh air and feel the elements which, anyone who has visited A Coruna will know, can be bracing! The idea behind the initiative is that Pilgrims may spend a day or two in Coruna before they set out to Santiago, enjoying the city and its culture in addition to fulfilling the 100km requirement.

If this summer's trial is a success then the exercise may be repeated next year in A Coruna and also extended to the Pilgrims Office in Santiago, where it is thought that the ability to complete the 100kms may pass the time whilst waiting in the summer queue.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Further to the welcome pre-Christmas announcement that Pilgrims starting their pilgrimage in A Coruna could obtain the Compostela, provided that they have walked the balance of the Camino (25km) in their own country or where they live. Avril Gonzalez-Primero of the the Coruna Tourist Association announced that they have secured funding this year to set up a temporary installation on the promenade (adjacent to Riazor Beach) which will contain three treadmills. The treadmills will be pre-programmed to mimic the undulating nature of parts of the Ingles route and can be booked in sessions of 10kms, in order to ensure that in busy times all pilgrims have fair and reasonable access. The facility will have a set of full-width, bi-folding doors facing the beach to ensure that Pilgrims breath the fresh air and feel the elements which, anyone who has visited A Coruna will know, can be bracing! The idea behind the initiative is that Pilgrims may spend a day or two in Coruna before they set out to Santiago, enjoying the city and its culture in addition to fulfilling the 100km requirement.

If this summer's trial is a success then the exercise may be repeated next year in A Coruna and also extended to the Pilgrims Office in Santiago, where it is thought that the ability to complete the 100kms may pass the time whilst waiting in the summer queue.

Coming up to my 69 birthday I had hoped to complete this Camino later this year- this probability would have being my last Camino. However as the saying go - people plan – God smiles.

Just diagnosed with coronary heart disease – will need a quadruple bypass.....

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Avril Gonzales-Primero eh?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Coming up to my 69 birthday I had hoped to complete this Camino later this year- this probability would have being my last Camino. However as the saying go - people plan – God smiles.

You will be fit as a fiddle after this, just take it nice and easy after the op and build up slowly.
Buen Camino.

It's a shock but we can be thankful that that this has been diagnosed - how wonderful is health care today! I agree with @wayfarer.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sorry to hear that @danielc. Wishing you a safe operation, speedy recovery and Buen Camino for when the time comes. ad

Thanks SEB to you and to all the others for your best wishes ......I may be incapacitated for a while , but I will still follow with great interest the activities of my fellow Camino travelers

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back