• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gallegos and Covid — a beautiful video

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you @peregrina2000.

A little village of Leon wants to be Galicia.
The main reason is that they want a good road. They speak Galego, as their normal language that is the same case of the villages from Villafranca to O Cebreiro. But this change of Comunidad Autonoma is extremely difficult.

What an interesting article. @Pelegrin, in the article, the residents complain about medical care. As an aside, for us in the US, the fact that a village of 15 people would complain that they only get a visit from the doctor once a week is far beyond our comprehension. :) But they note that there is a clinic in Galicia very close to them — is it not possible for them to use that clinic? I think I remember that our very own @Rebekah, who lives in the province of Palencia,is able to use medical services closer to her in the province of León, but I may be wrong about that.

Given that my daily calendar is not very full these days, I took the time to watch the video. What a beautiful village. It’s hard to understand some of the masked galegos, but there’s also an interview with Elena and Andrew at the end that is much easier to understand. The English/Spanish couple bought an old house to renovate for the purposes of moving their English language academy up from Barco de Valdeorras. They did it with the expectation that the road into town would be paved. But that hasn’t happened.

Maybe the bad publicity will push Castilla y León to do something. A paved road should be a basic amenity for people everywhere, but I understand that these small villages present quite a financial challenge for the regional government.

A friend of mine in Asturias sent me a link to this youtube video. A little upbeat determination may be just what the doctor ordered right now.

There are subtitles in English, and the photography is gorgeous.

Brilliant, Beautiful. Wish I had written the words!

Don't know how to say it in Gallego but Vaya con Dios anyway!

Samarkand.

PS Cant wait till I have my first coffee in Casa Samarkanda!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What an interesting article. @Pelegrin, in the article, the residents complain about medical care. As an aside, for us in the US, the fact that a village of 15 people would complain that they only get a visit from the doctor once a week is far beyond our comprehension. :) But they note that there is a clinic in Galicia very close to them — is it not possible for them to use that clinic?
In the article it is mentioned the Centro de Salud in Pedrafita do Cebreiro but I am afraid there isn't any direct road to Galicia now. So, that new road would be constructed by the Xunta in the case they join Galicia what as I said before it is extremely complicated.

A friend of mine in Asturias sent me a link to this youtube video. A little upbeat determination may be just what the doctor ordered right now.

I love ❣️ those gorgeous horses (and of course the nice people as well).

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I love ❣️ those gorgeous horses (and of course the nice people as well).
My son and his family still wonder why Grandmother is insane about Spain and her feet itch to walk her fourth Camino. Well, this just may help explain ... a bit! And my 13 old grandchild, like her 75 year old Grandmother, should really really love the horses! A well done and well thought-out, video.

Thank you. Wonderful. Hurrah for Galicia!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

🙏 Grazas, @peregrina2000 ! Thank you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow, very powerful message and brought tears to my eyes. I do miss Galicia.

Thanks for posting this.

Mike

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back