• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gathering in Orlando

dislp38

Hi Central Florida pilgrims and wannabe pilgrims. We will be meeting August 11th at 9am at Winter Park City Park, in Winter Park. We will all meet at the stage on the North end of the park. For experienced pilgrims please bring your ideas of the best or most needed gear, as well as great tips that newbies can benefit from. We might take a walk and we can get refreshments at Panera which is one block north of the stage. There is also plenty of free parking on levels 4 and 5 of the city parking garage.
Please RSVP so we can get a head count. Deborah@sqpn.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Deborah, are there any plans for another meeting in the next 6 months? I will be walking the camino from May to June 2013.

Ivan

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I would be interested in a gathering in the next 6 months. My husband and I will be newbees in May and we are from the Daytona area.

Gaydearbeck - we live in Palm Coast and have just finished the Via de la Plata, I have sent you a PM with our details should you have any questions. We had an exhausting but wonderful time.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'll be leaving April 16 from Melbourne/Orlando to SJPP, and would love to compare notes about gear, prep, training, etc. please contact me!

Dogtorbill....
There is an American Camino Group with a chapter in Orlando. But we meet all over central Florida. In fact 2 weeks ago we met at my house in Daytona, did a beach walk and then picnic. It was great cause we have never done the walk and we are going the first week in May. Everyone had things to share about their experience. Deborah is organizer of this group and she is planning on getting something together in March and in April. She is also working on doing a talk in Ormond. But I do not have the dates. If you want you can go to the American Camino site and join the group. All the events are posted there. You can also join in on their Facebook page. T If you want me to help you get connected just let me know.

I'm in Orlando as well. You can get on Deborah's mailing list if the meetings aren't convenient.

Tony

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm in the Central Florida area, and would be interested in the Camino sometime in the near future but would like to go with a group. I'm not even sure how to start planning. Any ideas?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.