• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Gear List: SJPP-Logrono

BuzzBuzz

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-Logrono Camino Frances (2013) Logrono-Burgos (2016)
Howdy All! Would you mind checking over this gear list? It's almost complete. We are traveling July 29-August 8. So super excited. Thanks for your help :D

Kelly
Osprey Manta 25
2x Exped Dry Bag
Rab Silk Sleeping Liner Standard
2 Liter Camel Bak
Sea to Summit Pocket Towel
Brazilian Tarp Hat
Sunglasses/Glasses/Case
Coolibar Sun Gloves
Pacer Poles-Aluminium
Stick Pic
1x REI Sahara Convertible Pants
1x Ice Breaker T-Shirt
1x Columbia Silver Ridge Long Sleeve Shirt
1x Ice Breaker 200w Fleece
1x Ex Officio Buzz Off Bandana
1x Gelert Poncho
2x Bridgedale Speed Diva Socks
2x Underwear
1x Sports Bra
LifeVenture Body Wallet
Teva Pretty Rugged Sandals
Asics Trabuco Trail Shoes
1x journal and pen
Fuji F70 Camera/Spare Battery/Spare Memory Card

Lois
MacPac Amp Light 20
2x Exped Dry Bag
Rab Silk Sleeping Liner Standard
2 Liter Source WidePak
Sea to Summit Pocket Towel
Sun Hat
Sunglasses
Think Tank Camera Pack
1x North Face Convertible Pants
1x Trespass Short Sleeved Shirt
1x Long Sleeved Shirt Cotton LW
1x Helly Hansen Wool LS
1x Gelert Poncho
1x Buff
2x Bridgedale Speed Diva Socks
2x Underwear
1x Sports Bra
Pacsafe Body Wallet
Merrell Kahuna II Sandals
New Balance Trail 789
Canon EOS 5D

Joint: Toiletries ETC
Ear Plugs
20x Compeed
Porous Bandaids
Ibuprofen/Paracetamol
Dr. Bronner's Soap Bar
2x toothbrushes cut in half
2x travel toothpaste
1x Talc Powder
1x Vaseline
1x Floss
1x Pocket Knife
10x Safety Pins
2x Jason Sun Block 45
1x Travel Brush
1x Lifesystems SPF 20 Sun Stick
1x SkitoStop Insect Repellent
1x Stride Out (doesn't do crap for your feet but amazing moisturizer!)
Pads
2x SBiners and 1x 2 meter para cord for clothing line
The Way of St. James Cicerone Guide
2x Pilgrim Passports
Cash/Cards/Passports/EU Health Insurance card/Train Tickets
1x Mobile Phone

Most importantly, we carry with us the will for adventure, open mindedness, lots of humor, and a couple of good attitudes! :)

Edited: 2x Petzl Tikka Headtorches 2x Everyday Bras

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola :)

To me it looks like you are prepared!
In fact the list you provide would, in my opinion, be sufficient to walk from Paris to Santiago de Compostella.
The only thing I can see I would change is to bring more than 2 sets of earplugs. You easily loose one, but then on the other hand, toilet paper is good enough for an emergency earplug.
I wish you well on your way and
Buen Camino
Lettinggo

This may become the most important item on your itenary: Most importantly, we carry with us the will for adventure, open mindedness, lots of humor, and a couple of good attitudes! :)

Howdy, thanks for taking a look! Yeah, more than one pair of ear plugs, definitely. Now, I was thinking...do we need head torches? By the list it looks like we have a lot, but I'm not even filling up my bag which is great.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A universal sink stopper or similar may be useful I believe :)
Buen Camino
Aidan

I'd bring the other half of the toothbrush. Its easier and important to clean your teeth with a complete brush.

Flip flops or clogs suitable for wear in the shower and around the albergue. I brought tevas for that purpose but found the straps didnt dry fast enough.

You don't need a sink plug.

A head lamp is a good idea. It gets dark in the albergue. The worst accidents at home happen to people that stumble in the dark over objects left on the floor; which is where people leave their packs in an Albergue. Some places have timers on the lights in the toilet ... nothing worse than having the lights go out while standing with pants around your ankles and a hank of used tp in hand. Also useful if you end up walking when the sun is not up ... unlikely in mid summer. Put your hand over the light when you use it in an Albergue and get by with the light that gets through the cracks between your fingers.

I'd leave the pocket knife as its a heavy item with limited use.

The mobile phone is a luxury. Do you really want to remain connected?

Thank you all for your input!

Head torches are in! I hadn't even thought about a second bra so thanks for the reminder. Teva's are coming because I'll be walking in them too. Gotta have a lil' knife for cutting up all that amazing cheese, chorizo, and bread we will be chomping on through the days.

I'm in the process of experimenting with the Dr. Bronner's soap. I might even drop the toothpaste for the simplicity of the soap for everything. To believe I'd literally be "washing my mouth out with soap"..... :D

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
BuzzBuzz said:
I'm in the process of experimenting with the Dr. Bronner's soap. I might even drop the toothpaste for the simplicity of the soap for everything. To believe I'd literally be "washing my mouth out with soap"..... :D

ack ... I guess it proves anyone can be uncomfortable on the camino ...

If you are looking at dual purposes you could use baking soda as toothpaste and in place of deodorant.

At last! I've found someone else who chops their toothbrush handle off.
You will be walking west and beginning early most days which means the sun will be on your back for most of the time. For this reason I didn't bother taking sunglasses and I had no regrets.
Dr Bronners all-purpose soap. Brilliant. How about chopping it into quarters and just taking one piece? I saved almost three kilos over the trip by posting little packages ahead to poste restante Burgos, Leon and Santiago - things like the pages of a guidebook for that section, the other pieces of Dr Bronners, mini toothpaste etc. Worked like a charm. Paw Paw ointment (Australian) is a much better alternative to vaseline - great for between the toes, rash, (maybe you don't need talc) sunburn. As for ibuprofen etc all of such medical needs are easily available along the way. No need to carry unless you have a pre-existing condition.

Buen Camino

oops forgot - two or three safety pins - make excellent clothes pegs and you can pin anything onto your pack the next day if it hasn't dried.

Mobile phone? No. You will connect in so many other ways. You can't book refugios, as in France, so really there is no practical point to taking a phone. We've become so darn used to these things. Your brain and your pilgrim heart will thank you for a mobile free pilgrimage. I wouldn't bother taking extra thongs for the shower ... true they can sometimes get a bit icky but the extra weight is not worth it. The beauty of a pilgrimage is your needs become less and less and your acceptance of things as they are, greater.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes, these are great suggestions! And since we are on gear effecting women, I'm now lucky to say I'm knocking off the mooncup! Yay!

We've chopped the Dr. Bronner's up and it is working great for us with washing ourselves, brushing teeth, and clothing. I believe, since in our everyday lives, we use "natural toothpaste" it's not a super far stretch for us with this.

Baking soda.....that's just about good for EVERYTHING. "Walking with only a box of baking soda strapped to her back, she walks her camino......"

One mobile is ok. We need to figure out some things while on the way back. We never tune into phoneland while walking...that's just dumb :D Also, we are only doing one leg of the camino. Though this list would suffice with a few adjustments for the whole thing. I do like the idea of resupply boxes. I'd like to explore that further in the next adventures.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Back