• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Geezers on the Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Join Pilgrim Lost host Tony Kriz and 3 special guests as they explore all the ins and outs of walking the Camino de Santiago from the perspective of peregrinos who are heading over many hills, but not quite over the hill. It’s a lively conversation about preparation, trepidation and all out joy from this amazing experience.

Now on YouTube
Great group Is this a facebook group I'm 75 been walking the Camino since 2012 did 3 in Spain 2 in Italy between 2012 and 2014, on in 2017, 2019, 2021-22

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was over sixty the first time I heard of the Camino. Have never done an entire route but have biked or walked hundreds of kilometers in Spain. As hospitalero, I have seen an elderly blind pilgrim, an 91-year-old walking with her 65-year-old son, two people in wheelchairs, a group of deaf Italians (had to write everything in Italian, as Italian sign language is a completely different language than the meager amount of American sign I've learned). Don't speak Korean, and half the Korean pilgrims have neither English nor Spanish. One Spanish pilgrim on horseback said, "This is a great albergue—it has young people and old people." (He was about my age.)

I was over sixty the first time I heard of the Camino. Have never done an entire route but have biked or walked hundreds of kilometers in Spain. As hospitalero, I have seen an elderly blind pilgrim, an 91-year-old walking with her 65-year-old son, two people in wheelchairs, a group of deaf Italians (had to write everything in Italian, as Italian sign language is a completely different language than the meager amount of American sign I've learned). Don't speak Korean, and half the Korean pilgrims have neither English nor Spanish. One Spanish pilgrim on horseback said, "This is a great albergue—it has young people and old people." (He was about my age.)
Nothing quite like serving as a hospitalero. Sounds like you’ve had some amazing experiences.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for sharing - wonderful discussion of all things camino. ❤️

One part that really resonated with me was the comment that the journey starts not when you set out on the trail, but when you decide to go. I've felt that very strongly since I made the decision to walk a camino, and started my research and planning.

@MarkPix - assuming you are the same Mark in the video - you will be heading off to Spain very soon. Will you be live blogging your journey? Would love to follow along. Buen camino!

One part that really resonated with me was the comment that the journey starts not when you set out on the trail, but when you decide to go. I've felt that very strongly since I made the decision to walk a camino, and started my research and planning.

@MarkPix - assuming you are the same Mark in the video - you will be heading off to Spain very soon. Will you be live blogging your journey? Would love to follow along. Buen camino!

Thanks @hikingcat I appreciate your question and comments. Almost there. Monday 5/9 is my day. I’m flying to Paris, then Biarritz to SJPP. Heading up the mountain on Thursday. I won’t be live blogging but Tony at Pilgrim Lost and I will be working on some kind of updates along the way. Hope your planning and training goes well. It’s all worth it! Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

When people ask me about the Camino I tell them that when you make the commitment to go then the Camino takes over . It just let's you think that you're making all those decisions.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back