• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Generic version of Voltaren cream

MichelleO

Time of past OR future Camino
Aug/Sept 2018
My knees and tendons have developed a constant ache and I bought a topical Voltaren cream from a pharmacy in Pamplona.
It gives relief when I use it at the end of the day and before I start each morning.
My question is: Is there a generic version of Voltaren cream available in Spain?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have been trying a capsaicin based cream for both my left knee and right foot, both of which develop aches when doing a lot of miles. I had first heard of the clinical use of capsaicin cream by physicians in 1994, while providing case management for HIV/AIDS clients, in AIDS patients who had developed severe neuralgia in their feet. So, a couple of months back, I began trying a cream with lower Over-The-Counter levels, but which has shown clinical effectiveness. I wanted to avoid ibuprofen based creams as they do not remove the potential side effects associated with NSAIDS, and I do use Ibuprofen tabs as needed.

I have found that there seems to be a good effectiveness with the capsaicin cream. The effect is NOT immediate in most cases; relief comes from regular applications as the capsaicin interacts to interrupt the inflammatory process. This usually takes about 3 days... sometimes less.

There are precautions to be followed: think about cutting up a hot pepper, like a habanero, and what needs to be done to keep the hurt from tender places like eyes, nose, lower body parts, etc.

This is just something else to perhaps consider for those needing relief from the deep, achy pains of overused joints and feet. :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The generic is Diclofenac, trade name for Voltarol in Spain is Voltadol. I'm just puzzled as to how come when I rub it into my knee my knee feels better but my hand still hurts...

Lol....so true!!! I was prescribed the 10% to help with my lower back and knee... it helps ... but my thumb joint still aches...☺

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.