• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Geneva to Le Puy (GR 65) Late Aug 2017

P

pilgr

Any insights, suggestions on walking late August Geneva to Le Puy? Anyone planning to do the same?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I look forward to your blog! Will you be "Live from the Camino"?

Do you know who the moderator responsible for the Geneva Le Puy routes?

I am looking to get a French Orange sim card when I get to Geneva. Do you think the easiest way to do this is to take public transit to the outskirts of Geneva located in France to find an Orange tienda there?

By the way, I am in Bellingham WA...close to Seattle WA

Any insights, suggestions on walking late August Geneva to Le Puy? Anyone planning to do the same?
Hi, Matt,

You're like a werewolf this year, just can't stop it :)
Nice to hear that and looking forward to your insights!

K1

Will you be "Live from the Camino"?
Yes, live but on Wordpress rather than the "Live" part of this forum.
Do you know who the moderator responsible for the Geneva Le Puy routes?
I don't think the moderators are assigned specific areas-of-responsibility, but I'll let them answer for themselves.
I am looking to get a French Orange sim card when I get to Geneva. Do you think the easiest way to do this is to take public transit to the outskirts of Geneva located in France to find an Orange tienda there?
Most likely, since Orange=French Telecom. You'll be taking transit through the Geneva suburbs anyhow (Tram 18).
I am in Bellingham WA...
Sweet! Lots of Washingtonians on the forum. I'm actually on Bainbridge.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Matt,

You're like a werewolf this year, just can't stop it :)
Nice to hear that and looking forward to your insights!

K1

Thanks K1! You have been my trusted co-pilot this year all along the Levante/Invierno. I am gratefully indebted to you my friend.

Yes, live but on Wordpress rather than the "Live" part of this forum.

please let us know your url for the trip!

As to France Telecon or Tram 18 reference, does that mean it should not be too hard to scoop up a sim card at an Orange store outside Geneva?

Will the French be merciful of an English speaker on this trek? I need the sim card to show the French pictures of what I am asking of them.

Thanks K1! You have been my trusted co-pilot this year all along the Levante/Invierno. I am gratefully indebted to you my friend.
Sorry I can't help you with Le Puy route but I have no doubts there are others to assist on this forum :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
please let us know your url for the trip!
The blog link is in my signature block, below. I haven't been to the French suburbs of Geneva, but I would think it a reasonable assumption. Those phone stores are everywhere. The French can be merciful, if you show humility and respect by trying French first.

The French can be merciful, if you show humility and respect by trying French first.

Wow! I could be in for a LONG trip if I don't speak a lick of French, hey? If my intention is to simply say "toilet" for toilet, or show them a picture of a beer stein on my phone if I want a beer...are you saying that won't cut it?

If my intention is to simply say "toilet" for toilet, or show them a picture of a beer stein on my phone if I want a beer...are you saying that won't cut it?
That's what I'm saying. Take a Rick Steves phrasebook, work with the Duolingo app to get the basics of pronunciation, learn the basic courtesy phrases:
Bonjour Madame/Monsieur, Au Revoir - use these upon entering/leaving every shop
Je (zhuh) voudrais (voo-dray) un ________. I would like a ______.
Bier (beer)
L'addition (lah-dee-see-ohn) the bill

It's not that hard - don't you expect visitors to the US to learn some English?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That's what I'm saying. Take a Rick Steves phrasebook, work with the Duolingo app to get the basics of pronunciation, learn the basic courtesy phrases:
Bonjour Madame/Monsieur, Au Revoir - use these upon entering/leaving every shop
Je (zhuh) voudrais (voo-dray) un ________. I would like a ______.
Bier (beer)
L'addition (lah-dee-see-ohn) the bill

It's not that hard - don't you expect visitors to the US to learn some English?

Thanks for tips. Yes, I get your point.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back