• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

geneva to st jean?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks Sil!
Any general idea how long the trip is? (3 hrs, 13...?)

My transatlantic flight arrives in the morning, so I might just take an earlier one.

Gracias!

buena

ps I think of you often as I am doing my packing! Your list was really helpful.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Geneva to St Jean

It appears that the TGV only has one train per day on that route. It leaves Geneva at 20h37 and arrives in Pau at 8h31. (That is almost 12 hours)
http://ch.tgv.com/en/search-timetable.html

Can you afford to fly?

Sil

Geneva to St Jean

Easyjet have a flight from Geneva at 11h10 to Toulouse at 14h00 for about £40.
From Toulouse you would need to get a train to Bayonne and then to St Jean.
There is one at 16h31 - Gets to Bayonne at 19h45 and then the train to St Jean leaves at 21h06 and gets to St Jean at 22h18

It is a bit late but the only other option is to get a taxi to St Jean or stay over at Bayonne and get a morning train to St Jean.
Decisions, decisions!

sillydoll what would we all DO without you?

thanks for all the information!! i think it might be better to just take the night train... or... hey! i am just realizing this...

i am flying thru london, maybe i should just nix the second part of my ticket and look for a budget flight from there....

(5 minutes later)

easyjet has a flight gatwick to toulouse for 35 euro... i'd have to change from heathrow to gatwick, so i wouldn't make the 8:15am flight but i cold take the 6:40. but then i get to france (don't know any french...) at 9:30pm.

hmmm... i will keep checking.

anyone know how far/how difficult it is to get betweek heathrow and gatwick or luton or stanstead?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
London to Biarritz

There is a Ryan Air flight from Stansted to Biarritz - easy bus transfers almost every half our between Heathrow and Stansted.

thanks SIL!

for anyone reading this who might be in a similar situation, WORD TO THE WISE... i found out that if you don't take any one of the legs of your ticket (or any leg for that matter) any other flights on that ticket (including for example your return ticket home on another day/week) will ALSO be cancelled.

this is for "security reasons" and i think new, or at least more strictly enforced now. you have to be reticketed, which involves a change fee, which may or may not be worth it.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back