• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gentlemens underwear

trumpy

I am sure this subject has appeared here before but I must warn the men NOT to wear boxer shorts unless they have loads of Lycra in them. They are a nightmare, twist around the body and all sorts of unpleasant things happen, I don't need to paint a picture. All of mine a silk boxers and they are the worst thing I could have bought (Thank you Rohan)

ron

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
This thread is obviously to compete with the female one doing the rounds @ present.
No problems with icebreaker or bamboo knickers, took sudocream just incase but need :D

All icebreaker gear worked great, yes not cheap, but will be with me for many years :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I too use icebreaker boxer brief (beast) ($45 each) for about a year I have been testing different brands of underwear for comfort (very subjective), antimicrobial and daily washing and icebreakers fit the bill but not very durable after four months I see a little thinning of the material, second place is exofficio travel ($26) a ted less comfortable and a little longer boxer then I like but dries faster.
Zo

Underpants? I just steal them from clothes lines as I go along. Another good way is to walk quietly behind a pilgrim who is drying their underpants by pinning them to the outside of their rucksack. A few deft manoeuvres et voilà! This way you can dispose of them every day (in a recycling bin of course) instead of the tiresome task of washing them. For those who are fashion conscious you also get a good variety.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
JohnnieWalker said:
Underpants? I just steal them from clothes lines as I go along. Another good way is to walk quietly behind a pilgrim who is drying their underpants by pinning them to the outside of their rucksack. A few deft manoeuvres et voilà! This way you can dispose of them every day (in a recycling bin of course) instead of the tiresome task of washing them. For those who are fashion conscious you also get a good variety.
Ha ha! :lol:

JohnnieWalker said:

:mrgreen: why not swap old for new :lol:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Why not walk at night and forget them .

Oh no, full circle, we'll be wearing kilts :)
DSCN5772.JPG

http://www.sportkilt.com/category/52/Hiking-Kilt.html

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I see from the PM's I've had and a full mail bag that for some strange reason people felt I wasn't taking men sharing their experiences of underwear seriously. Perhaps it is a British thing, I don't know. But I'm glad to see that Falcon in that all american way has thrown off any male inhibitions and is happy to recommend his favourite underpants - anti sweat 'n all. Falcon they sound fabulous - what colours do they come in and what's your favourite? Are there different styles? Do they come in patterns? If you let me know which albergues you're using on your next camino I can pop along and steal some.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well would you look at that...I'm amazed. I've never encountered underpants with touch fabric and, wait for it, roll of drums..."odour killing technology" and to crown it all a Moisture Transport System. Have I got this correct: for 25 dollars you get a pair of pants which people will want to touch...you don't have to shower because they kill odours...and you don't need to look for drinking fountains because they transport the moisture to you! Or am I missing something?

you don't need to look for drinking fountains because they transport the moisture to you
The preview edition of the 2013 Under Armour catalog says that they also will make your morning coffee...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
falcon269 said:
The preview edition of the 2013 Under Armour catalog says that they also will make your morning coffee...

You just add them to hot water and strain

Re: Re: Gentlemens underwear

andy.d said:
You just add them to hot water and strain

Cafe' con Lemonade?

I dont want any thank you.

Tony

Sent using Tapatalk 2

€149,-
Cant go without coffee so that leaves one option...

at least chaffing will be eliminated. :lol:

Tony

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Boxers versus briefs, especially brief briefs. No creeping issues with legs to worry about. Is less better? That said, is it best without? Honest questions to be asked. I must admit I don't like boxers, even the UnderArmour style that cling like cycling racing shorts.

I wear bike shorts, and under those, nothing at all! gasp!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
First Camino and walking with my wife. Decision time. Fleece and Puffer. I think one only but weather looks changeable at the moment. Trying to keep under 7kgs! Looking forward to a experience of...
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.