• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Geo-localizable?

SusanSmyth

Happy Member 😋
Time of past OR future Camino
2017 2018 2019 2019 2023
A Spanish friend just texted me to say that on the radio she heard that the Guardia Civil was offering a new service where you could register with them and be “geo-localizable” if there is an emergency. She didn’t have any more information and I haven’t found any, either. Has anyone heard of this? And what do you think?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A Spanish friend just texted me to say that on the radio she heard that the Guardia Civil was offering a new service where you could register with them and be “geo-localizable” if there is an emergency. She didn’t have any more information and I haven’t found any, either. Has anyone heard of this? And what do you think?
Possibly they were referring to the AlertCops app? It's available for iPhone and Android

I just found an article in ABC from a few days ago. It says it is a new system connected to AlertCops. The peregrino has to opt in to it. Once you have opted in it tracks and automatically sends the last ten positions/locations to a center, it checks the battery life of the phone and coordinates, if necessary, with other security or medical forces. It is called Guardián Benemérita.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back