• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Germany rehabilitate a section of the Camino de Santiago

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
The route passes through Dresden, Chemnitz and Zwickau Stollberg to Hof, where it joins the Road Franconia.

The ancient Germanic Camino de Santiago, from the German town of Bautzen to Hof, in the east will be rehabilitated this year, confirmed today the pastor of the Church of Santiago in Stollberg, Andreas Dohrn.

The road passes through the cities of Dresden, Chemnitz and Zwickau Stollberg to Hof, where it joins the Road Franconia.

The early stages of the journey, from Chemnitz and Zwickau-Stollberg to be launched this fall, said Dohrn.

yo can see the spanish version of this new in the next link:

http://www.latercera.com/contenido/730_146113_9.shtml

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back