• We are struggeling with some issues with images and attachments not loading on the forum. This is some left-over problems from the other day. We have back-ups of everything, so nothing is lost, we just need to link things up again so that it works. In short, we are working on it. Sorry! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Get Covid testing in SdC if you are connecting back to USA the same day.

Marbe2

Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2023 walked all or part of CF 11 times
A man and his wife were denied entry to the morning connecting flight from SCQ to Madrid on Iberia. He had a 6 hour layover at MAD and then was to flyto the USA. He planned to get tested during the layover. . It appears that Iberia will not allow that now? My Spanish- is quite limited so it is possible I misunderstood, but they were not allowed on the flight.

We were on the same flight, but we were not traveling on an Iberia connecting flight to the states so ours was considered domestic and we were then tested at Barajas T4. Please double check with Iberia. Btw we were both negative so we fly tomorrow!

Can someone verify this…Thanks!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yet another wrinkle that hadn’t occurred to me. Thanks so very much for this information!

At this very moment, I am in the process of setting up a trip to Portugal in November and had planned to take the test in the Madrid airport just as this man had. You can be sure I will now look for a site in Lisbon!

The policy makes sense, now that I think about it. The check-in for the international flight takes place at the first airport, so that’s when the controls will apply.

It appears that Iberia will not allow that now?
This cannot be new.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/Global-Airline-Testing-Order-RPWSigned-Encrypted-p.pdf -
ORDER UNDER SECTION 361 OF THE PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE ACT (42 U.S.C. 264) AND 42 CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS 71.20 & 71.31(b)
In effect since January 26, 2021.

Under 'Definitions' of the rules for airlines given permission to fly to the USA:​
'Confirm that every passenger onboard the aircraft has documentation reflecting a negative Qualifying Test result' means confirmation that:​
  1. the personal identifiers (e.g., name and date of birth) on the negative Qualifying Test result match the personal identifiers on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents;
  2. if the passenger is arriving on a direct flight to the United States, the specimen was collected within the 3 days preceding the flight’s departure;
  3. if the passenger is arriving via one or more connecting flights the specimen was collected within the 3 days preceding the departure of the initial flight;

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I’m sure this isn’t a new requirement, but it is one of those things that people might not have thought through carefully.

I for one appreciate the heads up because otherwise I might have fallen into the same trap.
I wonder how many others this has happened to? ….especially those with a long layover! According to this rule then , it is not just Iberia, but any connecting flight? Iberia, American. any combo connecting flight such as Lufthansa, United.
WOW!

FYI. The lines for Covid testing at Madrid Airport were not long……We were there an hour earlier than our appointment time but they took us in with10 minutes of our line arrival . The no appointment time line had only about 10 people waiting.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is the testing center in the Madrid airport on Sunday. I planned an extra day to travel to Madrid, get the Covid test and uploaded the negative result to my United App. My flight was the next morning, at 11:30am on a Monday, and I just didn’t want to risk the testing center not being open or limited hours on a Sunday.
Even though I had uploaded the info onto the United app successfully, the ticket agent still asked for: “passport & Covid test” - then she looked closer and said “oh I see the test info here, no problem”
I did go online and make an appt which helped not waiting with other walk up’s. http://travelcovidtestcenter.com/

This is the testing center in the Madrid airport on Sunday. I planned an extra day to travel to Madrid, get the Covid test and uploaded the negative result to my United App. My flight was the next morning, at 11:30am on a Monday, and I just didn’t want to risk the testing center not being open or limited hours on a Sunday.
Even though I had uploaded the info onto the United app successfully, the ticket agent still asked for: “passport & Covid test” - then she looked closer and said “oh I see the test info here, no problem”
I did go online and make an appt which helped not waiting with other walk up’s. http://travelcovidtestcenter.com/
Does each terminal have a testing site?

Sunday I flew Burgos to Madrid via Barcelona. With a 4 hour layover in Barcelona I decided to get tested for my flight to the US today. At the Barcelona airport testing center they told me I only had to have an antigen test so I took it for 27€ and got results within hours. However I had arranged a day in Madrid for my test so I took the PCR test at 9 am down town for about 97€ and had results by 130 pm. At the airport this morning I showed my PCR results and signed a paper where I checked that I had a negative PCR test. I did not see an antigen section to check. I am now between flights at the Dallas airport and asked the cost of the rapid PCR test in Terminal D. Results in one hour for $229. Spain continues to be a great bargain!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back