• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Get Off This Forum - Haven't you got anything better to do ?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
If you're like me, you can spend hours a day on here immersed in all things Camino.

Why do we do it? Why do you spend so much time here?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but it was raised in my own mind today as I discussed our future with my wife..... What we wanted. Should I retire yet? And I reflected on some recent posts I had read here. Like the couple who plan to take a year off back packing.... I wish..... But heck, we could, couldn't we?

Why not take the rest of our lives off!

Are we brave enough to make a dramatic life change like that? For us, it would mean... Give up businesses that are almost making it big time.....every year.....almost.....next year might be the year... Or give up paying the mortgage on the house........in exchange for freedom.

It's reading posts like those, that keep me coming back........

Being part of a community that 'get's it' in terms of ...to quote the Hitch hikers Guide...the meaning of life the universe and everything ;)

So I should probably say a huge thank you to this community.

For welcoming me into the fold, for listening to my weird thoughts and opinions. Recognising that eventually I would find my own path and 'get it'.

I have never been part of a Church community. I'm actually not that religious. But if I was to be part of one.......I'd like to think it would be like this one.

An eclectic mix of individuals who share a common bond. A few cantankerous old 'codgers' who put the young ones right at times. The 'left field' thinkers, who make us all think twice sometimes. The younger less experienced, full of boundless energy and enthusiasm. The steady 'rocks' who might not say a lot, but when they do, share wisdom beyond value.

Being part of this community seems at times ..........like therapy :oops:

What a wonderful community you are. That's why I like to spend time here. How about you?

Happy New Year

And a Buen Camino to you all.

and ...... thank you......for being you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you're like me, you can spend hours a day on here immersed in all things Camino.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but it was raised in my own mind today as I discussed our future with my wife..... What we wanted. Should I retire yet? And I reflected on some recent posts I had read here. Like the couple who plan to take a year off back packing.... I wish..... But heck, we could, couldn't we?

Are we brave enough to make a dramatic life change like that? For us, it would mean... Give up businesses that are almost making it big time.....every year.....almost.....next year might be the year... Or give up paying the mortgage on the house........in exchange for freedom.

Being part of a community that 'get's it' in terms of ...to quote the Hitch hikers Guide...the meaning of life the universe and everything ;)

For welcoming me into the fold, for listening to my weird thoughts and opinions. Recognising that eventually I would find my own path and 'get it'.

I have never been part of a Church community. I'm actually not that religious. But if I was to be part of one.......I'd like to think it would be like this one.

An eclectic mix of individuals who share a common bond. A few cantankerous old 'codgers' who put the young ones right at times. The 'left field' thinkers, who make us all think twice sometimes. The younger less experienced, full of boundless energy and enthusiasm. The steady 'rocks' who might not say a lot, but when they do, share wisdom beyond value.

What a wonderful community you are. That's why I like to spend time here. How about you?

Happy New Year

First a Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

I have the same thoughts , want to do this or that.
Still have to work for a few years, but it is coming together now.
Will come back every year to Spain and spend a lot of time on this wonderful forum. And not forget my wife, she started this in the first place with here first Camino Frances.
The out come off all this that we will coming back or alone or together. :):cool:

Again, wish you well, Peter.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ah, nothing better to do, that must be it! I knew there had to be a sane reason. Not the weird obsessive, other-worldly joy of sharing emotions, thoughts and memories with my fellow travellers....

Hi Robo,

I must say that spending time here is very addictive but at least it is legal. :rolleyes:

When I am not walking my Camino, being here allows me to live on the Camino.

So, here we go.....

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I long time motto of mine is "We are the sum of our experiences whether good or bad. We should embrace them all as they have made us who we are." The Camino and this forum have and continue to provide me with many of those experiences. I feel and hope that they have helped shape a better me. Thanks to you all for you inputs into my path towards whatever is in store for me wherever that may be. Go for it Mr and Mrs Robo! I did at 56 and am convinced it was one of the best things i ever did. I don't miss exhausting myself, flogging myself to death, worrying about a business as I did for 25 years. Not one little bit! Life is so much sweeter once you learn how to live retirement (that takes a while).

Why?

Happy New Year to you and yours, Robo.
And Thank You for your insightful, open hearted posts that stretch, inspire and set this wanderer to pondering life, the universe and everything...
Hmmmm.... for me, at first pre-Camino, the Forum was a resource - a Peregrinopedia of information and sage advice. As it continued to be when we were on our Way.

Post Camino, due to injury, I had more time to travel through the topics and stories and discover the Forum community and the individuals within it. It is a rare gift to be part of a community who 'gets it'. I've trekked in some amazing parts of the world to wondrous destinations and have pondered this year as to how and why the Camino is different. Don't have an answer - yet - but perhaps it's because there's an underlying theme that gathers all the Ways to their shared destination....

My hubby and I made the decision to 'take the rest of our lives' off some years ago and walk, travel and volunteer in equal measure now. It's a different life, no better, no worse - just different. Whichever decision you take on our future, whichever Way you travel, may your life continue to go well.

Robo,
Just like Al, I too retired at 58 and began doing relief work in Africa for a number of years. I walked away from a very successful business, but in hindsight I now realize it was the best move I ever made in my life. As Al says, living in retirement is a learning experience but I have adapted over the past 10 years to living a completely free, humble and uncomplicated lifestyle; it is unconstrained by possessions which I have replaced with singular and multiple life changing experiences every day of the week.
Good luck with your decision making.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked away from a very successful business, but in hindsight I now realize it was the best move I ever made in my life. As Al says, living in retirement is a learning experience but I have adapted over the past 10 years to living a completely free, humble and uncomplicated lifestyle; it is unconstrained by possessions which I have replaced with singular and multiple life changing experiences every day of the week.
Good luck with your decision making.
Ditto.

The guy who invented work could not possibly have had much to do...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Happy New Year

Wonderful thinking!!
Is nice to feel the warm of this forum , to feel other people's experiences as own !
To feel the joy of reading about how happy and real people feel walking Camino the Santiago !!
Thanks to each one of the members of this comunity !!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I share on this forum to share with others my experiences, joys or just practical information learned while on the Camino. Since I am going back at the end of August 2016, God willing, the forum and its contributors are very relavent to me.. The information on the forum ....Priceless! Happy New year everyone!

Robo... good question. Most people are either reading the forum or going on a Camino. I've just got back this morning and am already counting the days till March when I plan to go for the Easter Mass at the Cathedral. Santiago is a very blessed place (my opinion) and I want to go back again and again. Buen Camino. Happy New Year to all my Camino Sisters and Brothers :) May the Prince of Peace guide your steps as you walk the sacred roads

Laurie owns the remote control for the TV. I'm work-adverse .. one heck of a lazy cuss with a smedgon of hedonism. Don't smoke or drink and find it hard, besides here, finding folks like me who can't wait to travel halfway around the world so they can walk hundreds of miles. Besides , where else but here on the Camino Forum can a person endlessly type "Buen Camino" and everyone knows what the heck your saying!

Buen Camino :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ditto.

The guy who invented work could not possibly have had much to do...

Well, he certainly didn't know about the Camino, did he?! :)

I've never been comfortable with the word "retired" as it relates to me, but thanks to the Camino, I have no problems with it any longer -- it's how I explain to non-caminantes why I keep returning to Spain ... ;)

Anyone walking from St Jean to Valcarlos on 19 April - my first Spring walk! After Valcarlos, however, I will need to walk mostly solo on to Santiago...
Buen Camino all ~
Terry

I would, but WHY to hear from others of like mind makes me happy and I realise all those hours spent in meetings that achieved nothing but pampered to someones ego did not in anyway make this world better ,,,,but a smile a Buen Camino spending time watching and learning that its nice to be nice and not just see what we can get. Sept. 2016 you will hear me all around the world when I throw my pack on and smile all the way to Santiago...

About this word "Retirement". It actually has no meaning just a conotation that we no longer work. But I defy anyone to say that training and walking a Camino isn't hard work! ;) Before you all start I am not trying to be inflamatory with this comment. It's just that once we stop being wage slaves we can concentrate even more on the important things - ourselves and through this others. The Camino adds a new meaning to the phrase "Born Again"? If it does I can truly say that I am enjoying being a baby again, learning through absorption. Keep feeding me things to absorb guy. Set me a good example and like a baby I will love you back for it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I love the title for this thread, and anything that makes me laugh is a good thing!

I am "semi retired" now, working as a substitute teacher. I was still a full-time teacher when I learned about the Camino de Santiago, and had been cajoled into sitting down at a church presentation to see someone's slide show. Within about four slides of seeing soaking wet people stumbling down the Pyrenees backside, slipping their muddy soaking wet ways into Roncesvalles, I was absolutely hooked. No, I had NOT seen the movie The Way. I had not visited this forum. Nada sin the slideshow.

So, I went home with a glimmer of hope. I would forget about my parents' recent deaths, my taxing job, my farm chores, my back pain, my mid-life pudginess and scroll through the Camino Forum information. I was going to Spain, and I needed to learn! and learn I did.

Packing. Food. Language. Trails. Routes. Safety. It was all here, along with a healthy dose of humor and curmudgeonly frank advice---humor from the likes of Al, and that curmudgeonly frank advice from two or three veterans, who like grizzled hounds were happy to nip the heels of a sassy Camino pup! Did you notice how I left the names out there, ha? You know who you are ;)

Pretty soon, I moved on to long walks and gear collecting. I was irritated with myself for my obsession with shoes and boots and socks. To this day, I thank my judgment in choosing footgear. I did well, and now have a good selection of very comfortable footwear for every day. I no longer teach in black pumps (I'm a teacher, people. We do try to dress professionally). No, no more black dress shoes. Now, it's Keens, Merrells, or if I'm feeling particularly outdoorsy, my Vasque boots.

Now when I visit the forum, I often read (listen) more than I write (speak). At least, I think I do.

@Robo, thanks for a fun thread and a good open-ended question for us all to write to!

Buen Camino---

Deb

I don't know why I continue to visit this forum. I went on Camino because I was called. I had profound experiences, which I am still integrating into my life. But I never saw it as anything but a one-time event. I am now retired with a tiny income and a continuing desire to share with numerous charities. It should be time for me to move on. If those who visit this forum can contribute any helpful advice to me, I should appreciate it. If not, I need to find a way to move on.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think this is funny - to me I think about this forum when I am not here and more importantly I think about the Camino. So ostensibly you would be asking me to stop "thinking" HA! Or think about something else - so why not the Camino?

Last edited:
I don't know why I continue to visit this forum. I went on Camino because I was called. I had profound experiences, which I am still integrating into my life. But I never saw it as anything but a one-time event. I am now retired with a tiny income and a continuing desire to share with numerous charities. It should be time for me to move on. If those who visit this forum can contribute any helpful advice to me, I should appreciate it. If not, I need to find a way to move on.

Move on from friendships and interests in christian pilgrimage? You don't have to discard friends online. It's a lot healthier here than on Facebook!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I went to a therapist to help me with my camino forum fetish and she told me that she had heard about the camino but wanted to know more.

So the session and all future sessions turned into me telling her more about the camino and this forum, and etc, ...

... and you know the rest... sigh :(

Last edited:
Move on from friendships and interests in christian pilgrimage? You don't have to discard friends online. It's a lot healthier here than on Facebook!
Oh dear! I don't want to leave any friends behind. Anyone who loves mountains is welcome to visit me here in Calgary (one or two at a time, I have a one bedroom apartment) and to walk in Banff with me. I don't want to give up on friends or on walking for spiritual purposes. But maybe I have to learn how to integrate and move on from my experiences in Spain, as I did from my long ago pilgrimage in Israel and England. Any good ideas out there?

Well yes, there are many things to do...some of them definitely better.
So I'm rationing my time here these days.
But I can't say it much better than Deb just did. Exactly. And even if I never did another Camino i'd likely drop in for a chat here every so often because this virtual albergue is so refreshing--we learn, share laugh, and cry about our inner and outer journeys, and (mostly) we understand about being content with simple things--our feet on the ground, and the wind and sun and rain on our faces.
And I think a lot of integration happens here--my experience anyway. There can be some pretty profound sharing of our many journeys, and articulating the experience helps it to integrate over time. And all the while the gifts of the Camino become more and more clear.
Thanks Robo--for this light but thought provoking thread! Happy new year and Buen Camino everyone!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Happy New Year

Hi Robo

I see you are very committed to the Camino Frances ? Imagine considering walking the other routes at least a couple of times too; that'll become your job . . .

;o)

Peter

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Robo

I see you are very committed to the Camino Frances ? Imagine considering walking the other routes at least a couple of times too; that'll become your job . . .

;o)

Peter

I'm sure in time I will try others @CanPete. ;) At the moment it's a mini CF next year as a 'try out' for my wife. And if she enjoys it, maybe the 'full' CF the following year from St Jean. She is not one to enjoy anything too remote or isolated :) Whereas I think I might :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I read many posts by folks who want "to do, this, that, and the other". And it's always, "We'll do it when..."
"When" and "then" will never come. You would hate to look back on your lives and say, "Why didn't we?"
What is holding you back, what are you afraid of?
Good luck.

I read many posts by folks who want "to do, this, that, and the other". And it's always, "We'll do it when..."
"When" and "then" will never come. You would hate to look back on your lives and say, "Why didn't we?"
What is holding you back, what are you afraid of?
Good luck.

A very common way of thinking sadly. Many of us live our lives for the future. Getting the house paid off, kids off our hands, doing this and that. And only 'then' do we think about actually living our lives. And sadly for some, by 'then' it's too late, often due to poor health......

It would be great to just quit the rat race right now. But the harsh reality I guess is, that we do need a roof over our heads and food on the table. And working, pays for those things. And stuff like flights to Spain of course ;)

But 'she who must be obeyed' and I have done some quick life planning and we reckon we can 'quit the rat race in 3 years'. That will make me 61. Still a few Caminos and whatever else in me at that age I reckon :p

Last edited:
I went to a therapist to help me with my camino forum fetish and she told me that she had heard about the camino but wanted to know more.

So the session and all future sessions turned into me telling her more about the camino and this forum, and etc, ...

... and you know the rest... sigh :(
that is the most lazy and the most sly therapist I have have ever heard.
And now she is relishing in exactly what we are doing now !!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Happy New Year

I'm starting my camino in April and have to admit I'm on this site quite a bit.
I'm so excited and have learned a lot from my invisible camin friends.
Hope to see some of you in a few months.

I have not walked the Camino yet (88 days to go) and I already feel like I am having life lessons. I used to book overseas holidays, look forward, go on and enjoy. This experience has had elation, doubt, fear, excitement etc. It would seem I cannot even coordinate bookings without confusion causing me to worry about my ability to be organized like I used to. Although I suppose my already packed bag and activated training is being organized :D At least logging on to read the forum help to reaffirm my desire and confidence. Come on April, I just want to get there and start.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Robo, you said a mouthful, and I suspect you echo the feelings of those of us who, over the years, have participated in this forum; for advice to be given and received, for inspiration, and for new ideas on old topics..it adds up to an invaluable source of information. Thanks for reminding us of that!

I have been riding motorcycles for over 50 years, alone and in organizations. I also belong to m/c blogs. We haven't been our walk yet we will leave Seattle on March 17.2016. I gotta tell you I look forward to these threads for the encouragement and fellowship.
Happy New Year 2016
Ultreya

Hmmm, wondering how many days I was able to go without checking the Forum since last week was holidays, had a cold, and kid off from school so more kids in and around the house. It was a least 3 or 4, and I was thinking how well I was doing without a fix! I had been so happy that the Forum had been helping me through the winter, and that I could see the Caminos through the cold and winter nights. I hadn't commented on a post, or ANYTHING or read a post or anything! I find that I refer to the 2015 pieces of / Camino mio con mi hijo, at work in conference calls, in conversation with school parents, in sort of more than I ever thought I would - found myself talking to my Jewish out law (my husband's brother-in-law) about the Camino, and he kept saying hmph as I was showing him some pictures and talking about his nephew and my experience. Was wandering out of the office on a quick errand wondering how I had always loved signs, and subways and people moving and how the Camino fed my love of people moving through time and space. Was at the Roosevelt Presidential Library on Saturday and wondering how many miles it would be to walk from Brooklyn to Poughkeepsie and if we could ever help chart some more walking paths through the morass of structural lifesaving urban infrastructure. I never expected so many of the threads of thoughts to be woven BACK into my post Camino (first), and of course, I know we are blessed that we could choose a time, a path to walk, and outfit ourselves and plan and voyage and eat, and take care of all of our needs. I think often of those not able to chose, not having the choice of walking - the refugees flooding through Europe, many walking...you see it all comes back to the quietness of walking - walking of need, walking of volition, and maybe sometimes a little of both for some of us. Happy New Year to the Thinkers, the Readers, the Writers, the Sharers!

The best placo to be - is here. Especially for me who hasn't walked the Camino yet. No matter what questions arise in my head, I sure can find the answers here.
I have the same thoughts that you have Robo about us living in the future. Hoping to change that thinking during the Camino.
Good luck and a Happy New Year!

With about 3 1/2 months till I go to Spain I'm excited and I have started spending more time here looking for advice or interesting things to read.

85 days to go for me as of today (would have been 84 if it wasn't for stupid February having 29 days this year) ....

Then again, who's counting ?

;o)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
SYates there will be a couple'o days when you ask yourself what the 'H' you got yourself into . . .

But those will pass (rather) quickly as the endorphin 1nduced euphoria of walking cadence takes over, or you eat a memorable lunch in a nice spot, or you find a wonderful warm shower at the end of your day, or you wake up in the morning realizing you had the best sleep ever, or you suddenly realize you're already half way to Santiago, or a day which was supposed to be wet and windy turns into a beautiful day, or . . . . , or . . . .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
SYates there will be a couple'o days when you ask yourself what the 'H' you got yourself into . . .

But those will pass (rather) quickly as the endorphin 1nduced euphoria of walking cadence takes over, or you eat a memorable lunch in a nice spot, or you find a wonderful warm shower at the end of your day, or you wake up in the morning realizing you had the best sleep ever, or you suddenly realize you're already half way to Santiago, or a day which was supposed to be wet and windy turns into a beautiful day, or . . . . , or . . . .

I know ;-) Got the t-shirt years ago. Buen Camino, SY

I know ;-) Got the t-shirt years ago. Buen Camino, SY
Ha, I know you know, the comment was actually for ratyoke . . .

Buen camino

I haven't walked it yet. I might hate it. Who knows? I'm excited to go, but I try not to have any expectations about how it will be.

Ratyoke there will be a couple'o days when you ask yourself what the 'H' you got yourself into . . .

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This forum is the place where I can go back memory lane and share with others that understand. It's a huge relief to have someone who actually understands. A couple of days ago, I met some guys from high school who told me, they were going to walk the camino in may 2016, and I was SCREAMING out of happiness! I was SO happy for them, and started babbling about how wonderful it would be, and what I experienced, etc. After 5 minutes they were like "Yeah we need to go.". I think my over-enthusiasm scared them. They probably thought it was a weird reaction, but I guess they will understand when they get home. And boy, I can't wait for them to babble with me....

Other than that, I think it's nice to be in an international environment + the people in here have such amazingly deep, wonderful and beautiful thoughts written down, and I cannot count how many insider camino jokes I've laughed at on the other side of the screen.

You guys are wonderful. All of you. Yes, you too, even though I don't know you. We are all wonderful.

/Skandinaviangirl

A very common way of thinking sadly. Many of us live our lives for the future. Getting the house paid off, kids off our hands, doing this and that. And only 'then' do we think about actually living our lives. And sadly for some, by 'then' it's too late, often due to poor health......

It would be great to just quit the rat race right now. But the harsh reality I guess is, that we do need a roof over our heads and food on the table. And working, pays for those things. And stuff like flights to Spain of course ;)

But 'she who must be obeyed' and I have done some quick life planning and we reckon we can 'quit the rat race in 3 years'. That will make me 61. Still a few Caminos and whatever else in me at that age I reckon :p
Look who's talking! ;)

I just finished reading your blog: You set out for a once-in-life walk, and you ended up being a true Pilgrim, and an addicted one, as well, hanging out here: No better than the rest of us! :)

No, I won't go away, except for starting out from Burgos tp SdC ca. sept. 1. :)

On a serious note: Your blog was fantastic, and the Camino obviously gave you more or less exactly what it gave me too, in 2009. Now I walk every year as a maintenance excercise :)

Edit: A study of people on their death-beds showed that one of the biggest issues was regrets for the things they didn't do...

Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This winter, I at last got my Camino scallop tatoo done just like I had been thinking about for so long - did not want it to be ostentatious, just a nice, simple stencil 4 x 4 cm, so as to only attract the attention of the ones that already know what it means.
Already some people have struck up a conversations about walking the Camino, and I have ventured to ask them;
Don´t you think you are on the way to walking it yourself, you reckon ?
Many look back with a guilty look: it is exactly what they are thinking!!

This winter, I at last got my Camino scallop tatoo done just like I had been thinking about for so long - did not want it to be ostentatious, just a nice, simple stencil 4 x 4 cm, so as to only attract the attention of the ones that already know what it means.
Already some people have struck up a conversations about walking the Camino, and I have ventured to ask them;
Don´t you think you are on the way to walking it yourself, you reckon ?
Many look back with a guilty look: it is exactly what they are thinking!!
He, he,
exactly what I am planning when arriving in SdP in some weeks. But scallop, arrow, or "buen camino"in Gothic on my arm? And where/size?

Could you tell where you placed it/picture, if I may ask? (unless it is in some unmentionable place... ;))

Certainly;
one small one on my left shoulder 3 x 3 cm
the other on my left lower leg just below my knee, 4 x 4 cm
Ever so subtle, I find...
My first tatoo ever, suspect I would crave a sailing ship across my back,
if I overdo it !
A collegue of mine did it for me ,
I found the ones offered in Santiago too detailed, too big and too costy...

Attachments

• 20160311_195013_resized.jpg
    20160311_195013_resized.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160311_195534_resized.jpg
    20160311_195534_resized.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 8

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.