Search 62305 Camino Questions

getting a Credencial in Pamplona?

fiona

As I don't have time to get a Credencial in the UK from CSJ before I leave, I shall have to get it in Spain. I'm planning to start in Pamplona, where none of the albergues will open until April. Does anyone knowe if I can just walk into the Cathedral and ask for a Credencial? Is there anywhere else in town that I could obtain it?

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Javier

Hello Fiona.
Don´t worry. You can get the Credencial in Pamplona, at Catedral or Museo Diocesano, next to Catedral., and In Campus University of Navarra.-.

fiona

thank-you! I'm trying not to "over plan". In fact the only things I intended to organise are the Credencial and my flights there and back, leaving the rest to happen as it will. Thanks for this info.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
If the cathedral is closed, you will get one at the lovely new albergue close to the cathedral.
It is a converted, Jesuit church, Jesus and Mary de la calle Compañía. They have erected partisions on either side of the centre aisle (which had an exhibition of camino phorographs in September) with the bunks behind the partitions. Very clean, very central and only e euro a night.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
10/22 Aragones/Frances
You can also get a credential in the outdoor shop called Caminoteca. Good place to go if you need to pick up anything for your camino. It is around the corner from the Jesus and Mary albergue. So take your pick on where to get one.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked from SJPDP to Santiago in 2017. Other than a few days where I wanted to upgrade to a nice hotel as a treat, I mostly just found accommodation when I arrived. On easter weekend that...
I have decided on the Frances in early to mid June for my first Camino. I keep hearing how crowded the Sarria to Santiago portion is at that time of year. am concerned It may be too crowded...
A question to those who have experience of pilgrim habits and statistics on the Camino Francés. God being willing, I hope to walk this spring to Santiago along the CF, starting out in mid-April...
I booked a bed at Gite Makila, but they don't offer dinner. As this will be day 0 for me, I wouldn't mind having some company for dinner. Do any of the gites allow people to join their communal...
Ivar probably knows the answer to this. For a few years up until Covid, I much enjoyed the annual update (last one 2019). I assume Covid interrupted it. Anyone know if the author plans to resume...
I read through an incredibly long thread about Roncesvalles - all the good and the bad - and many mentioned attending mass. But no one mentioned what time mass is. I also read a thread that was...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2023 Camino Guides