• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting a credential on line

Antonius Vaessen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2016 VdlPlata - Sanabres
2016.Primitivo
2017 Salvador
2018 Norte (to Sobrado)
2019 Norte again
In the first week of August I will walk the Salvador. We will arrive in Leon late in the evening and will start walking early in the morning. Because we arrive late and don't walk into Leon we will not be sleeping in an albergues where we could get a credential. Is it possible to buy a credential ( specific the Salvador credential not a general credential) online. I have seen links but they won't work.
Thanks beforehand

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You can get a standard credential from Ivar - just click on the tab above - Services in Santiago by Ivar. I don't know about there being a special Salvador one though. Message Ivar and see.

The San Salvador website sends people to two albergues (Carbajalas or St-Francis) or to the Tourism office.
  • Oficina Municipal de Turismo de León. Pza. San Marcelo, 1. León.
    Tel. 987 87 83 27 / 987 87 83 36. Horario: 09:30-14:00 y 17:00-19:30 horas
You could always try asking them by phone, but a better bet might be a message on the Salvador's FB page.

There is also a bar where one can pick up a special Salvador bandana apparently. My guess is that is the same bar where ypu can also pick up the credencial, since it's the Association's headquarters: bar Central de Carbajal de la Legua, Avenida de Leon no. 119.

The San Salvador credencial is very pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back