• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Getting a rapid antigen test in Barcelona

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

hikingpal

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello! I'm going to be in Barcelona and was wondering if anyone has gotten Covid tests or knows about getting tested within Barcelona (other than than the airport testing option)? I found info about testing sights at different metro stations, like the Sagrada de Familia, on Barcelona-tourist-guide.com, but this is the only website I've found any info about getting a rapid test within Barcelona.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In Madrid on Friday ladtvweek, We used a Unilabs operation that I’m pretty sure has outlets in Barcelona. Very professional very proficient and written results within 30 minutes; 29EU For a rapid test.

We got our tests at this place last August. They gave results while you wait. You get a certificate with a QR code, which is necessary to get through health controls.

Schbelta Clinic Centro Medico
Avenida Diagonal 299
08013 Barcelona
607 01 45 27

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Have you considered using a "home test"? We used the eMed (service) and the Abbot BinaNOX home test, both in order to fly TAP and enter into Portugal, and, to return to the US from Madrid. The testing process takes < 30 minutes and I used my iPhone from a hotel wi-fi. I purchased my testing from the American Airline site and I believe other airlines also have links to eMed.

I'm currently in Barcelona and going back to Canada on Tuesday. I'm getting my test tonight at 7:00. We booked online at Iberitest.com -Av. Diagonal, 489 (Pl. Francesc MaciĂ ) which is pretty central.

They're open 7 days a weeks and have a variety of hours in which they give result. Mine is within 5 hours and costs 110 Euros. For Canada it has to be a PCR or antigen test. That may not apply for other countries.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you so much for all of your suggestions, everyone! We are back from our trip, and I wanted to share what we did. Even though we went a different route than any of the suggestions in this thread--I'd asked only a couple days before we left so I actually didn't see all of the replies before we left!--I think they will all be useful for anyone flying out of Barcelona!

We went with Check&Go, which we found on a helpful YouTube video. They meet you at your accommodations to administer the test. We emailed them and they sent a form to fill out with the appointment date, time, and location and to pay for the tests. The day of our test a health worker arrived at our hotel right on time and it all went really smoothly. The health worker told us she also works at the airport (The form she had said Eurofins on it).

It was 50 euros per person, so a little more expensive than other rapid tests mentioned, but it was so convenient to have them come to directly to our accommodations.

Thanks again, everyone! Que os vaya bien!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back