A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Getting back to Santiago de Compostela from Muxia/Finsterra

bordatoue

Camino(s) past & future
April 09 2020
Please could someone advice me on getting a public transport back to Santiago de Compostela from Muxia and Finsterra. I would like to know how frequent the transportations are from Muxia and Finsterra to Santiago de Compostela or somewhere near the SCQ airport.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I strongly recommend traveling back from Muxia to Santiago, even if there are far less buses, the bus from Finisterre is, let's just say, 'motion sickness inducing' ;-)
BC SY

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I strongly recommend traveling back from Muxia to Santiago, even if there are far less buses, the bus from Finisterre is, let's just say, 'motion sickness inducing' ;-)
BC SY
It seems that the bus from Muxía is faster than from Finisterre, even if you take the "express" bus from Finisterre that doesn't stop in every tiny town.

Marla in CA

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances September 15, 2019
BC SY
THank you @SYates,, good useful info as I will be doing that route in May 2020. Hopefully I will walk back, but if I run out of time, I would like to be able to bus. So Muxia to Santiago it is, or else walk back!

Geodoc

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2018 (across Pyrenees, then Sarria to SdC), CF 2019 (SJPdP to Finisterra & Muxia), CI 2019
Another option is to get with a group and hire a taxi. That way you can go on a more flexible schedule (not one that requires being at the bus station at 6:30 AM)

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock