Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Getting back to Santiago de Compostela from Muxia/Finsterra

bordatoue

Year of past OR future Camino
April 09 2020
Please could someone advice me on getting a public transport back to Santiago de Compostela from Muxia and Finsterra. I would like to know how frequent the transportations are from Muxia and Finsterra to Santiago de Compostela or somewhere near the SCQ airport.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I strongly recommend traveling back from Muxia to Santiago, even if there are far less buses, the bus from Finisterre is, let's just say, 'motion sickness inducing' ;-)
BC SY

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I strongly recommend traveling back from Muxia to Santiago, even if there are far less buses, the bus from Finisterre is, let's just say, 'motion sickness inducing' ;-)
BC SY
It seems that the bus from Muxía is faster than from Finisterre, even if you take the "express" bus from Finisterre that doesn't stop in every tiny town.

Marla in CA

Camino Frances September 15, 2019
BC SY
THank you @SYates,, good useful info as I will be doing that route in May 2020. Hopefully I will walk back, but if I run out of time, I would like to be able to bus. So Muxia to Santiago it is, or else walk back!

Geodoc

CF 2018 (across Pyrenees, then Sarria to SdC), CF 2019 (SJPdP to Finisterra & Muxia), CI 2019
Another option is to get with a group and hire a taxi. That way you can go on a more flexible schedule (not one that requires being at the bus station at 6:30 AM)