• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting back to the UK

David with new Kit!

Time of past OR future Camino
2019, 2021, 2022
Well, all done and just arrived in the UK.

I have a couple of pointers but first to say that we dropped in to the Pilgrim House and had a good chat and coffee with Nate, I thoroughly recommend a visit as its a very relaxing place

I also bumped into Annette London there too, great to put a face to a name.

We wanted to take the bus to the airport so called in at the new bus station. The lady behind the counter had no patience and she finally cracked and spoke to us in English.

She waved her arms and said city bus, upstairs with no further explanation.

So, with a flea in our ear we tried the information desk, well the lady there was not interested in helping and spoke no English. She waved her arms and gave us the same message.

I speak a bit of Spanish so I know I asked the right questions

Anyway,we had had enough and legged it back up town. To get cash from an ATM for a taxi - €21, great choice, no angry assistant.

If any one is interested in the city bus to the airport then leave the bus station over the walkway and turn left alongside the temporary barriers. It's the bus stop on the same side as the barriers. We know this as we saw the bus on the way to get the taxi

Also, Vueling sent me an email advising I had not uploaded my pre flight PCR test and could not access my flight tickets. I also discovered that my cell phone account does not let me make premium calls to the Vueling help line. I eventually found a UK number and was advised to go to the airport early to sort it out

It kind of messed up my day in Santiago as I was at the airport way too early.

As it turns out, it was a computer glitch that should never have happened as I do not have to do the pre flight covid test.

I had all my documents, passenger locator form and double Vax proof with me and it was accepted with no problem at all at the airport.

It's a pity the original email didn't give that advice. Just saying documents missing was not very helpful.

Anyway, enough of that, I hope some of the info is of use to you guys returning to the UK.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well, all done and just arrived in the UK.

I have a couple of pointers but first to say that we dropped in to the Pilgrim House and had a good chat and coffee with Nate, I thoroughly recommend a visit as its a very relaxing place

I also bumped into Annette London there too, great to put a face to a name.

We wanted to take the bus to the airport so called in at the new bus station. The lady behind the counter had no patience and she finally cracked and spoke to us in English.

She waved her arms and said city bus, upstairs with no further explanation.

So, with a flea in our ear we tried the information desk, well the lady there was not interested in helping and spoke no English. She waved her arms and gave us the same message.

I speak a bit of Spanish so I know I asked the right questions

Anyway,we had had enough and legged it back up town. To get cash from an ATM for a taxi - €21, great choice, no angry assistant.

If any one is interested in the city bus to the airport then leave the bus station over the walkway and turn left alongside the temporary barriers. It's the bus stop on the same side as the barriers. We know this as we saw the bus on the way to get the taxi

Also, Vueling sent me an email advising I had not uploaded my pre flight PCR test and could not access my flight tickets. I also discovered that my cell phone account does not let me make premium calls to the Vueling help line. I eventually found a UK number and was advised to go to the airport early to sort it out

It kind of messed up my day in Santiago as I was at the airport way too early.

As it turns out, it was a computer glitch that should never have happened as I do not have to do the pre flight covid test.

I had all my documents, passenger locator form and double Vax proof with me and it was accepted with no problem at all at the airport.

It's a pity the original email didn't give that advice. Just saying documents missing was not very helpful.

Anyway, enough of that, I hope some of the info is of use to you guys returning to the UK.
Hi David,
glad to see you got back safely but what a time you had
it was lovely to meet you at Pilgrim House

There is no need to go to the new bus station for the airport bus unless you are staying near the station

The 6A airport bus stops just around the corner from Plaza Galicia on Rua Horro just across from the entrance to the old town and there are other stops before and after this one too
it goes every 30 minutes on Sundays and Bank holidays and every 20 minutes at other times

i was there at 7Am this morning and the fare cost €1
it was a good flight but my walking poles never arrived!
The guy at check in at Santiago put them on the side and I think they forgot to load them onto the plane!
still, I live in Hope!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back