• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from A Coruna to Ferrol?

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
Certainly not a research newbie, but having a world of trouble finding bus/train options ( or other ) for getting from A Coruna to Ferrol. None of the bus service sites show any routes. The only air flights from Boston that make sense , without several connections put me in A Coruna.... but now, how to get to Ferrol? I don't want to miss that first section. Guidebooks indicate some bus routes/terminals...but unable to research any further.

Much appreciation in advance for any experience/help.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is a bus about every hour and a train every 4 hours or so. The bus and train station in Ferrol are next to each other, the bus station in A Coruna is central, the train station not far away. Look at Rome2Rio.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It could be that you're searching too far in advance - the train company Renfe only show trains for the next 6-7 weeks from today. There are about 7 trains per day to Ferrol, and buses from A Coruna bus station every hour. I don't think you can book in advance, and tbh I don't think you'd need to.

There is a bus about every hour and a train every 4 hours or so. The bus and train station in Ferrol are next to each other, the bus station in A Coruna is central, the train station not far away. Look at Rome2Rio.
Yip, Rome2 is a great site and getting better. I learnt about it here whilst prepping for last years Camino and now use it now whenever I am traveling away from home
It could be that you're searching too far in advance - the train company Renfe only show trains for the next 6-7 weeks from today. There are about 7 trains per day to Ferrol, and buses from A Coruna bus station every hour. I don't think you can book in advance, and tbh I don't think you'd need to.
agreed, don't worry you will be able to find the schedule closer to the date :)

Hi Sophie,

I did the Ingles from Ferrol a couple of years ago, and I also had the same trip. Spent the night in A Coruna as I got in around 5pm, and then caught a train to Ferrol. The train was early (between 6am and 7am) and was a scenic ride of around an hour. 15 minutes walk down to the port, and then off on the first day's walking. Tickets were very cheap.

Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I don't think the bus or train to Ferrol will be full. Hardly ever seen it full. If ever.
Bus may be the best option for you.

Bus station is across the street from train station in Ferrol.
If you don't already have a place in Ferrol, I always stay in Hotel Sliva.
Nice clean place. Laundry mat down the street.
You could walk the first leg of your camino to the "traffic circle" on the camino.
Then next day when leaving Hotel Silva just walk down the street (crossing major street @ light) to where you left off at the "traffic circle."

Ferrol is not for everyone. I grew up there. So, love it there.

As mentioned above, port (to start camino) is walking distance from train/bus station in Ferrol. Or catch taxi. Safe and not expensive.

Personally I would arrive Ferrol. Spend the night. Walk fresh next day.

Watch the buses going to Ferrol. There is one that is the slow route. Stops in all towns. Catch the express bus.

A Coruna is nice place to stay.

The hostel is in great location. One block off the main road.

Good luck.

I would second what @martysville says about the train from La Coruna to Ferrol. I turned up at the train station 30 minutes before the train went to be sure I had a seat. Only about 20 people on a 3 carriage train. Tickets are available on the day from the ticket machines in La Coruna station, and they have English language buttons you can press.

Train is more picturesque than the bus, and from Betanzos, it follows where you will walk for the first 2 or 3 days in reverse.

La Coruna is a wonderful city to spend the evening, and if you have time, especially, if you have flown in from distance, spend the first morning in La Coruna also and then travel to Ferrol that afternoon. Spend the afternoon / evening exploring Ferrol, stocking up with provisions, and then start the Ingles on the following day (the second day after you arrive in Spain). The Ingles guidebook stages, if that is what you are doing, are long, and you probably need a day to get over your travel / jetlag before you start.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back