• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from Bayonne Train Station to Hotel

godslamb

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2014)
As my Camino is getting closer there was a huge change of plans (my traveling companion is now unable to go due to an accident), so now I am having to make this trek on my own. Therefore, I am trying to find out how to get to the Ibis Budget hotel from the Bayonne train station. I know that is close, but I am not sure how to get there. Can I walk there??? My train gets to Bayonne at 19:30, and from what I have read the hotel reception is there until 20:00--so time is of the essence. Thank you for your help!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Accor recently rebranded some of their hotel chains - Ibis Budget is what used to be the Etap brand. The Ibis Budget Bayonne is about 2km from the station, quite a direct route and definitely walking distance but if you're unable to check in after 20.00 you may be pushing it, especially if your train is a few minutes late. Might be worth a short taxi ride, especially if it's dark - you don't mention what time of year you'll be there. I've stayed along that route (at the other Ibis which is closer to the station) and it's ok but I'm not sure I'd walk it after dark.

I will be going at the end of May. Which direction do I have to go in to find this hotel? I wasn't too concerned of this when I was going with my friend, but not she's not able to go, it would make it easier to know which direction I am going in.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Turn left out of the train station. It is the most distant of the three Ibis hotels:

upload_2014-4-11_6-48-39.png

Godslamb-- use Google street view to show you how to get from station to hotel.

Thank you. I know this might seem like a dumb question, but will getting a taxi be difficult from the train station (especially for someone that doesn't speak French)?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Or would be better to make a new reservation at the one that is closer to the train station?

Thank you. I know this might seem like a dumb question, but will getting a taxi be difficult from the train station (especially for someone that doesn't speak French)?

Godslamb,

It will not be difficult to get a taxi at the Bayonne station. Just walk out the door and they will be waiting out front. Print the name and street of you hotel on a piece of paper to show the driver. The taxi ride should not take more than 10 minutes and should cost less than 5 euros max.

Bon voyage,

Margaret Meredith

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you so much! This sudden change in plans has put me into panic mode.
Godslamb,

If this is your hotel --
Ibis Budget
6, Avenue du Grand Basque
RN 117
ZA Saint Frédéric
64100 BAYONNE

Their ad reads Reception open 24 hours a day.
Where did you read 20:00 ?

MM

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back