• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from Biarritz airport to Hotel Parc Mazon

AshaDasi

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 May-June
Hi All, I'm arriving at Biarritz airport at 8 pm on the 3rd May, but cannot find information on how to get to Hotel Parc Mazon in Biarritz. Are there transfer buses at that time of night? I've heard the taxis charge around 75 euros for the short ride. Rather excessive!! Does anyone have any info or links on airport transfer services? I intend to take the train the next morning to SJPDP. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hôtel et Résidence Parc Mazon-Biarritz
13 avenue Maréchal Joffre
64200 Biarritz, France
05 59 22 08 22
hotel-parcmazon-biarritz.com‎
You cannot get much further from the train station! You might want to book a hotel in Bayonne nearer the station.

We were charged 30 euros for a taxi from Biarritz airport to Bayonne station (our flight had been delayed and we hoped to catch the 3pmish train - unfortunately, we missed it by 2 mins!). I can't see how you could be charged 75 euro from airport to a local hotel!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Try this page in English on getting to and from Biarritz airport. >>http://en.biarritz.aeroport.fr/location/biarritz-airport-access.html
Bon voyage,
Margaret Meredith

Thank you for all your responses. The 75 euro charge was posted on an entirely different forum; it didn't seem right. Thanks for the links, Margaret, I'll check it all out. As for the hotel, Falcon, I'm now considering moving to one a bit closer to the station. I'd appreciate any tips on accommodation near the station?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back