• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from Ferrol or La Coruna to Muxia by public transpor

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2022 Camino Portuguese and Primitivo
Hi, could someone help me with info on this may be? I am thinking of walking from Muxia to Santiago after taking the Feve train along the Northern Coast of Spain. I there a way of getting from Ferrol or Coruna to Muxia without having to go via Santiago, I want to walk into it, not pass through it first if that is possible. I looked all over the internet, but could not find anything. Thanks so much, Gitti

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Gitti

I can't locate the timetable right now but at least one other pilgrim, Gareth Thomas, walked from Santiago to Muxia then got a bus to Ferrol to walk the Camin Ingles. Therefore if there is a bus to Ferrol it is reasonable to assume there is one going the other way :)

Regards

John

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, gitti,

It looks like there are two direct buses daily that don't go through Santiago: http://quepasanacosta.com/content/view/384/26/
One is at 7:30, one at 10:45.

There should also be the option to connect with a bus in Cee: Looks like there are a lot more buses from Cee, 7 a day from Cee to A Coruna.
http://quepasanacosta.com/content/view/349/26/ --

But to take that route you would have to get from Muxia to Cee and I can't find any information on that. But I'll bet it's possible.

Thank you Johnnie, great help, I will try and contact Gareth, Gitti

Hi Gitti,
That's what I found on internet:
Bus / Autobœs:

Lunes a viernes:
A Coruña - Muxía: 8:15, 16:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:30, 10:45.
Sábado:
A Coruña - Muxía: 8:15, 15:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:20.
Domingo:
A Coruña - Muxía: 9:15, 14:25, 17:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:30, 18:00

I took the bus from Muxia to A Coruna a few years ago, very scenic actually, though quite slow.

Rolf

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you so much Peregrina and Rolf, great help. I spent ages searching the internet and could not find the info. Regards, Gitti

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back