Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Getting from Ferrol or La Coruna to Muxia by public transpor

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Hi, could someone help me with info on this may be? I am thinking of walking from Muxia to Santiago after taking the Feve train along the Northern Coast of Spain. I there a way of getting from Ferrol or Coruna to Muxia without having to go via Santiago, I want to walk into it, not pass through it first if that is possible. I looked all over the internet, but could not find anything. Thanks so much, Gitti

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Gitti

I can't locate the timetable right now but at least one other pilgrim, Gareth Thomas, walked from Santiago to Muxia then got a bus to Ferrol to walk the Camin Ingles. Therefore if there is a bus to Ferrol it is reasonable to assume there is one going the other way :)

Regards

John

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, gitti,

It looks like there are two direct buses daily that don't go through Santiago: http://quepasanacosta.com/content/view/384/26/
One is at 7:30, one at 10:45.

There should also be the option to connect with a bus in Cee: Looks like there are a lot more buses from Cee, 7 a day from Cee to A Coruna.
http://quepasanacosta.com/content/view/349/26/ --

But to take that route you would have to get from Muxia to Cee and I can't find any information on that. But I'll bet it's possible.

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
Thank you Johnnie, great help, I will try and contact Gareth, Gitti

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

rolf

Hi Gitti,
That's what I found on internet:
Bus / Autobœs:

Lunes a viernes:
A Coruña - Muxía: 8:15, 16:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:30, 10:45.
Sábado:
A Coruña - Muxía: 8:15, 15:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:20.
Domingo:
A Coruña - Muxía: 9:15, 14:25, 17:00.
Muxía - A Coruña: 7:30, 18:00

I took the bus from Muxia to A Coruna a few years ago, very scenic actually, though quite slow.

Rolf

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Thank you so much Peregrina and Rolf, great help. I spent ages searching the internet and could not find the info. Regards, Gitti

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads