• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from Finisterre to Alicante (ALC)

coldweather

Hola. I am currently on the Camino and need some help in planning my exit. I need to figure out how to get from Finisterre to Alicante, Spain.

I should be ready to depart Finisterre on 8 June.

Can anyone advise a good routing? Is there a train station in Finisterre? Will I need to return first to Santiago? Is this by bus? What bus line so I may look up the schedule?

Thanks in advance. As i am on the Camino sometimes I don't get enough WiFi to look at this research.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
coldweather,

There is no train station in Finisterre. The main Finisterre bus stop is adjacent to the municipal albergue. You pay the driver as you board. You would need to take a bus to Santiago and then either a bus or train to Alicante.

When in Santiago before walking to Finisterre stop at the Galicia Tourist Office at 30 rua de Vilar near the cathedral. They have a good free list of all services including the bus times along the route. Their mulilingual staff is very helpful.

Monbus should be the bus for the Finisterre to Sanitago with a change in Cee. For online timetables see this website >> http://horarios.monbus.es/. For trains from Santiago to Alicante see this RENFE timetable >> http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html. Both Ryanair and Iberia fly from Santiago to Alicante. See this web for more info >> http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santiago-de-C ... a/Alicante.

Good luck and Buen Camino!

Margaret Meredith

I think it's the best to ask in Information office when in Santiago. It's on Rua Vilar, near the office where you'll get your Compostela.

On specific day (Sat, 08.06.2013) there are 4 buses from Fisterra to SdC train station:
- 11:45 - 14:55
- 15:00 - 17:55
- 16:45 - 19:55
- 19:00 - 21:55

I searched on the RENFE site and it seems like there are three direct trains on only one day in every week :? And that day is exactly 8th of June... :
- 07:25 - 19:25
- 09:05 - 19:43
- 09:05 - 19:25

BUT on 8th of June you have train to Madrid:
- 22:33 - 07:55
And on 9th of June (1,5h layover) from Madrid to Alicante:
- 09:25 - 12:46
- later departures: 12:25, 14:25, 15:51, 18:20, 20:25 (3-4h ride).

Hope that would help!

Ultreia!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi there.

There are direct flights from Santiago Airport to Alicante.

There iS a flight on Monday 10th June for € 37 one way!

That is surely better than trekking across the country on buses and trains, and probably far better value too, even if you factor in an extra night in Finisterra or Santiago.

There are no flights on Saturday 8th June, but there is one on Friday 7th for€45, and one on
Sunday 9th for €75.

Of course it's your choice to travel overland or by plane!

https://www.bookryanair.com/SkySales/bo ... -gb#Select

Thank you all for your help. I have since returned from the Camino and I want to thank you for your help. The time of my original posting I was in a hotel in Leon trying to figure out the rest of the Way with out a cell phone and no consistent WiFi. I did take Ryan Air from Santiago to Alicante on June 6. All worked out and I thank you for your very valuable help along my journey. Peace and Buen Camino.

I have been checking but there seems to be no direct flights from Santiago de Compostela to Alicante. I think your best bet will be the train from Renfe Station. Trip takes about 10 hrs. 27 mins. aprox.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have been checking but there seems to be no direct flights from Santiago de Compostela to Alicante. I think your best bet will be the train from Renfe Station. Trip takes about 10 hrs. 27 mins. aprox.

Buen Camino!

hi mendiwalker,

ryan do fly to alicante until the 4th of november. after that, there are no flights that i know of, maybe until easter when lights will be resumed.

god bless.

hi mendiwalker,

ryan do fly to alicante until the 4th of november. after that, there are no flights that i know of, maybe until easter when lights will be resumed.

god bless.

Hi Piogaw

Sorry the low cost carriers slipped by without me noticing.:mad:

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back