• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from logrono to Sarria April 29

Jenna

Time of past OR future Camino
April 20-5
Hello! My mother and I are walking the camino at the end of April and would like to find transportation from Logrono to Sarria on Sunday April 29. We looked into a few options including taking the bus/train that is approximately 10hrs as well as renting a car (although I couldn't find any companies that had automatic cars). Another option is hiring a private car to take us, but that is quite pricey. Is there any one else looking to get from Logrono-Sarria on the 29th that would want to go in on renting a private car? Is there any other options that may be available going from Logrono to Sarria?

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thats a tricky hop you are planning. Frankly the bus, including a 1 hour stop-over in Lugo, is about your best bet. Or the overnight Trenhotel - at least you'll get some sleep and save the cost of an Albergue or Hotel. The train leaves at 01:05, the bus at 02:35.

There may be slightly better routes but you would need to by breaking your trip into segments - Logrono/ Leon; Leon/Lugo; Lugo/Sarria or Logrono/Palencia; Palencia/Leon; Leon/Sarria on RENFE. The Renfe website isn't very good at route finding. You need to work it out yourself.

A taxi is going to be €1/km for 450+km.

Happy planning

Thats a tricky hop you are planning. Frankly the bus, including a 1 hour stop-over in Lugo, is about your best bet. Or the overnight Trenhotel - at least you'll get some sleep and save the cost of an Albergue or Hotel. The train leaves at 01:05, the bus at 02:35.

There may be slightly better routes but you would need to by breaking your trip into segments - Logrono/ Leon; Leon/Lugo; Lugo/Sarria or Logrono/Palencia; Palencia/Leon; Leon/Sarria on RENFE. The Renfe website isn't very good at route finding. You need to work it out yourself.

A taxi is going to be €1/km for 450+km.

Happy planning

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for your response. I would have preferred to take the overnight trenhotel but unfortunately this train is not available on Sundays and I would be looking to leave Sunday at 1am.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Pretty tied! The bus/train combo that I saw on renfe is bus to madrid and then train from madrid to sarria (approx 10 hours)

Well, 8 - 10 hours travel time is going to be right whichever way that I've seen so far. I haven't looked at @falcon269 's suggestion but its likely to be viable, on a week-day. The Palencia / Leon / Sarria route will work but you'll have to timetable search it one leg at a time. That journey will also be easier if undertaken on a week-day or Saturday.
This page: https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Logroño/Sarria might give you some further ideas. Do bear in mind that both the RENFE and ALSA websites aren't very good at multi leg journeys. You do have to work out the steps yourself.

Good luck

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back