• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Getting from Santiago airport to Sarria

vjs1957

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago (2018)
I'm meeting a friend in Sarria who will have been walking for a week (unfortunately I have limited time so just doing the last 112 km), and am flying from London Stansted to Santiago on 26 September. What is the best way to get to Sarria, bus or train? The flight arrives at 1520. Am hoping to meet up with my friend that evening ... any info much appreciated, thank you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Bus to Lugo connecting to a bus to Sarria. The train is infrequent. The Sarria bus and train stations are only a long block from each other.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I know there is a bus from the airport. I had friends that missed the bus so they took a cab which was expensive but found others to go with them at the airport. Just ask anyone with a backpack if they are going to Sarria. Rome2rio app is good or busbud.com.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Back