• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from Vigo to Santia

John Rowan

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles, Frances, Portuguese.
Hi,
Haven't been on here for a while so apologies if this question has been answered before.
I am planning the Camino Ingles (walking from Ferrol to Santiago) for May 2019. I have been looking at flights from Dublin to Santiago (Aer Lingus) and they are coming in very expensive. I notice that Ryanair fly from Dublin to Vigo. Their schedule for next year is not out yet so I don't know if they will even have flights that would suit me (my dates are limited from Saturday 04 May to Sunday 12 May 2019). Has anyone travelled from Vigo to Ferrol which would be an option if flights suit. Thank you in advance.

John.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi,
Haven't been on here for a while so apologies if this question has been answered before.
I am planning the Camino Ingles (walking from Ferrol to Santiago) for May 2019. I have been looking at flights from Dublin to Santiago (Aer Lingus) and they are coming in very expensive. I notice that Ryanair fly from Dublin to Vigo. Their schedule for next year is not out yet so I don't know if they will even have flights that would suit me (my dates are limited from Saturday 04 May to Sunday 12 May 2019). Has anyone travelled from Vigo to Ferrol which would be an option if flights suit. Thank you in advance.

John.
Hi John
Just having a quick peek at site Rome2rio., there seems to be a train from Vigo to Ferrol. Takes approx 2.5 hrs.
I didn’t look at times, dates but rough price indicated on site for train fare look reasonable and you’d get to see some countryside at same time

Good luck and Buen Camino
Annie

Hi John
Just having a quick peek at site Rome2rio., there seems to be a train from Vigo to Ferrol. Takes approx 2.5 hrs.
I didn’t look at times, dates but rough price indicated on site for train fare look reasonable and you’d get to see some countryside at same time

Good luck and Buen Camino
Annie
Thanks for that Annie.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've flown Edinburgh-Vigo, and I know they only do the route twice a week. Just checked for Dublin, and it's the same situation: flights on Thursdays and Sundays only, both there and back.

The Sunday flight leaves Dublin very early (6:55am), and you'll be in Vigo by 10:15. The following Sunday, the flight back to Dublin leaves at 10:50am. It's a pity you can't get there a day earlier, but probably not such a pity that it's worth Aer Lingus prices...

(And just to throw something out there: you could also catch a bus from Vigo down to Ponte de Lima in Portugal and do the final 6/7 stages of the Camino Portuguese!)

Hi Jan,

Thanks for that. Hopefully when Ryanair publish their new schedule they might put on a few more 'Camino Friendly' flights..

Hopefully when Ryanair publish their new schedule they might put on a few more 'Camino Friendly' flights.
If it is profitable! They expect the new year to be very much like the old year. If load factor has declined on a route, it will have fewer flights. Vigo is not a big pilgrim destination, so the new schedule will react to general tourism, I suspect.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back