• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting my bike home from Santiago to Sweden

Paschulke

Time of past OR future Camino
Cycled VdlP May '14
Wish list: Camino de levante
Hi again,

now this seems like an obvious thing to know, but somehow I find it hard to find a good way to get me and my bike back home to Sweden.

I found out that Vueling will take my bike for 45€ per leg, since the flight will be routed via Madrid this will be 90€ plus packing material .

Laluna will ship for "appr." 79€ plus packing material. (Feels a bit uncertain due to the proximity of the price. Furthermore, they state that the box should be max 130x70x20 cm, is that the usual size for a cardboard-box fitting a MTB?)

Bicigrino will ship for 130€ incl packing material and packing.

What are your experiences? Is there another way I didn't find yet, scanning the internet?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
hello daniel,

welcome to the forum.

there are 3 companies in sdc that will boxed your bicycle and send it to your destination. the price depends on whether it is to be sent to spain and also classified by zones outside of spain.. they will also come to the albergue to collect the bicycle. but i believe the price will be more or less the same.

buen camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We found quite a few companies in sdc who could arrange shipping of bikes back home. We got prices from 3 of them and eventually went with sendyourbike.com as they did the best price for a tandem back to the UK. They collected at an agreed time from our accommodation and did all the packing. They use UPS and delivered back home at the agreed time. There appears no need to pre-book, we arranged it by e-mail a day or two before collection. All details on web site.

Hope all goes well.

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back