• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting passport in Ferrol?

Banjo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Inglés June 2018
Can you register and get your passport in Ferrol ( or even A Coruna)? We'll be flying into Santiago and then going up to A Coruna by train or bus before going to Ferrol to start our Camino. Also I see elsewhere that you need to get two stamps a day. Do you have to walk every day consecutively? We have ten days to do the walk so were thinking of stopping off a day here and there.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can you register and get your passport in Ferrol ( or even A Coruna)? We'll be flying into Santiago and then going up to A Coruna by train or bus before going to Ferrol to start our Camino. Also I see elsewhere that you need to get two stamps a day. Do you have to walk every day consecutively? We have ten days to do the walk so were thinking of stopping off a day here and there.
There is a tourist office in Ferrol where you can get a single sheet xerox credencial. They have the usual Spanish hours, so you may have to wait a bit. You do need two sellos per day since the entire camino is only about 100 km. You can take days off, but you need to restart at the point you left off, and will need to show a stamp and date for when you stopped, and a stamp and date for when you recommenced.

If you have time, I suggest you get a credencial in Santiago before you set out for Ferrol. The only place I know you can get one is the Pilgrim Office, but there may be others.

You can get a pilgrim passport in advance from Ivar on this website, very efficiently and quickly sent out.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In the worst case, the Hotel El Suizo in Ferrol, where I stayed has credencial's / pilgrim passports for sale in the glass cabinet just past reception. I seem to remember that the tourist office in the square near the station also had 'proper' passports, as well, as opposed to a single sheet of paper.

But @Lizanne801 has the best idea. If you are not going tomorrow, or next week, order credencials off Ivar on this website. Then you have one thing you do not need to worry about when you reach Spain.

Strictly, if you read the Pilgrim's Office website (see link https://oficinadelperegrino.com/en/pilgrimage/the-compostela ), it says that you should obtain a stamp where you stopped and started each day, and at least 2 stamps per day. Therefore, if you reach Pontedeume at the end of day 1, the advice is to obtain a stamp at Pontedeume (the alberge or pension you stay at), and at the start of day 2, you obtain another stamp (this can be from the same place as the stamp as the night before, but with a different dat)e. Any stamps that you can pick up along the way, during the day, at town halls / concellos, churches, bars and restaurants, all help to prove you have walked between the point that you started the day, and the point you ended the day. I managed to pick up 3 or 4 stamps per day, apart from the last day from Sigueiro to Santiago.

Therefore, as @falcon269 rightly says, let's say you had a rest day in Betanzos. You obtain a Betanzos stamp when reaching Betanzos on the evening that you arrive, and you obtain another Betanzos stamp on the morning that you leave. All stamps are dated. There is no need for any stamp on your rest day, but there is also no harm in obtaining a Betanzos stamp for your rest day either.

Last year I picked up mine at the post office (Correos) in Praza de Galicia. This year as I am not going until July I've got mine from Ivar at the Pilgrims Office website.

10 days. Lovely. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Please note, that you can take the BlaBlaCar from SdC onto to Ferrol. Only 6 EU per person.
Injoy the trip it's a lovely camino. Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.