A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Getting the credencial stamped in France

S

Satírico

Greetings,

Walking from Lourdes to Irun via SJPDP, will there be any difficulty getting the pilgrim's passport stamped? I only ask because the Piedmont trail isn't one of the three famous routes to Compostela that go through France.

Where in Lourdes would be the best place to get the first cello?

Best wishes,

Phil

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Last edited:
A

AJ

You should have no problem getting your credencial stamped on this route, either in pilgrim refuges or hostels or perhaps bars. I got my sellos (tampon in French) where I stayed the night.

S

Satírico

You should have no problem getting your credencial stamped on this route, either in pilgrim refuges or hostels or perhaps bars. I got my sellos (tampon in French) where I stayed the night.
Ok thanks, I'll remember it's sello with an s. I guess it might be easier to ask for a tampon at the hotel rather than the church.

Ultreia.

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-18
While they may not be a special "St Jacques" design, (almost all) all lodgings will have a stamp (they use it on invoices and envelopes). Larger restaurants and bars. Many churches may, also. And don't forget the Mairies (town hall/mayor's office); the trick with those is finding them open when you are in the town.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Sheffield James The Piémont Route 8

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%