• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting the guidebook in the Pensión Paris

peregrina2000

Staff member
On another thread, some of us were talking about the difficulty of getting the guidebook to the Camino de Levante written by the Valencia Association, for US pilgrims in particular. Here´s one solution that Vanessa, one of the owners of the Pensión Paris, has offered.

If you give her a couple of weeks notice, she will be happy to go buy the guide for you and have it waiting in the pensión when you arrive. Make sure to tell her whether you want the English version (2009) or the newer Spanish version (2013). Though the English version is obviously more outdated, I´ve been told that it comes with an updated set of maps. Vanessa is hoping to work out some kind of more formal arrangement with the Association in terms of being a point of sale, but this is a first step.

In addition, when you write to the Pensión Paris for a reservation, indicating that you are a pilgrim, 2 € per night will be taken off the price.

This is a spotless, well located, family run pensión (That´s my shirt drying on the balcony :)). You can contact them at info@pensionparis.com Buen camino to all the Levante pilgrims, I would love to go back! Someday, someday.... Laurie

Pension Paris.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
On another thread, some of us were talking about the difficulty of getting the guidebook to the Camino de Levante written by the Valencia Association, for US pilgrims in particular. Here´s one solution that Vanessa, one of the owners of the Pensión Paris, has offered.

If you give her a couple of weeks notice, she will be happy to go buy the guide for you and have it waiting in the pensión when you arrive. Make sure to tell her whether you want the English version (2009) or the newer Spanish version (2013). Though the English version is obviously more outdated, I´ve been told that it comes with an updated set of maps. Vanessa is hoping to work out some kind of more formal arrangement with the Association in terms of being a point of sale, but this is a first step.

In addition, when you write to the Pensión Paris for a reservation, indicating that you are a pilgrim, 2 € per night will be taken off the price.

This is a spotless, well located, family run pensión (That´s my shirt drying on the balcony :)). You can contact them at info@pensionparis.com Buen camino to all the Levante pilgrims, I would love to go back! Someday, someday.... Laurie

View attachment 16286
You're really great, Laurie. You decide and you do :D

Thanks, that really helps.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Laurie, you are meticulous in your practical attention to detail. You will have done a great service for many people. In relation to the pdf map changes for the 2009 English version I am sure they can be uploaded to a resource section (with the permission of the Levant people).

Looking forward to doing this route.

Dermot

This is incredibly helpful Laurie. When I walked in 2009, the 2009 guide had just been published and there wasn't time for the Amigos to post a copy. I had to spend a few hours on a tour of the bookshops in Valencia to get one - fortunately El Cortes Ingles had one. Knowing one is waiting for you reduces stress such a lot.

Andy

...In addition, when you write to the Pensión Paris for a reservation, indicating that you are a pilgrim, 2 € per night will be taken off the price.This is a spotless, well located, family run pensión (That´s my shirt drying on the balcony :)). You can contact them at info@pensionparis.com View attachment 16286
Truly, Vanessa is very nice and helpfull. In perfect English. Even when not at the pension computer she answered the message! The discount is 2€ per room/night and no downpayment is required. Wow! Nevertheless I've send all our numbers, addresses, landing times etc. which might be helpfull for her. Up to this point I can only recommend it. 14€/pp/night (2-bedroom, shared WC & bathroom) in Ciutat Vella, that's a bargain, even youth hostels are more expensive!!!

Thanks, @peregrina2000 ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

View attachment 16286
Hi Laurie, I have mailed Ivar but he is not sure, can you tell me if the passport from
"Amigos del Camino de Santiago" Valencia is a valid passport after April 2016 otherwise I will get one from Ivar and use after Sarria (which I do not what to do as I would like to keep it all on one). Is there a list of official fraternities in Spain. Hope you can help. getting so excited as 2016 is here and I am not that far away....Thanks

Just got a quick response from the Association in Valencia. They tell me that they are currently in negotiations with the Cathedral and are hopeful their credentials will continue to be recognized as they always have been.

So that suggests there is some uncertainty. What I would do, Trevor, is use the Levante credential for all of the route, and in Sarria pick up an official cathedral credential and either stamp them both for the rest of the way, or just use the cathedral credential for the last 100 km.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back