Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Getting through immigration and customs at Madrid airport

Lisi

Past OR future Camino
Nil
To those who had recent experience : roughly how much time did it take for you to get through immigration, customs and Covid related controls at Madrid airport. I'm trying to figure out transport to Pamplona, specifically whether I can catch a 15:15 bus from T4 if my flight touch down on time at 12 noon. Thanks

When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

peregrina2000

Staff member
To those who had recent experience : roughly how much time did it take for you to get through immigration, customs and Covid related controls at Madrid airport. I'm trying to figure out transport to Pamplona, specifically whether I can catch a 15:15 bus from T4 if my flight touch down on time at 12 noon. Thanks
Hi, Lisi,

Welcome to the forum. Things would have to go very very wrong for you to miss a 15:15 bus with a noon arrival. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but there would have to be many things combining to go wrong at once. Are you checking luggage? Are you arriving in T4 on the plane? Those are two factors that will determine how long it takes. But even if you check luggage and arrive in T1, I think you will have ample time. Good luck! Buen camino, Laurie

Lisi

Past OR future Camino
Nil
Hi, Lisi,

Welcome to the forum. Things would have to go very very wrong for you to miss a 15:15 bus with a noon arrival. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but there would have to be many things combining to go wrong at once. Are you checking luggage? Are you arriving in T4 on the plane? Those are two factors that will determine how long it takes. But even if you check luggage and arrive in T1, I think you will have ample time. Good luck! Buen camino, Laurie
Thanks Laurie ! i should have mentioned that my flight is internatIonal landing at T1. And yes with checked baggage. Thanks again for the info, it helps a lot!

Connie Ramage

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015/2018/2020
Fyi-we arrived at MAD at 9:05 am on Thurs. Customs went smoothly, lots of walking, escalators, tram, down to luggage retrieval, which we had our QR code scanned before entering. We took a taxi to Atocha, 30 euros and approx 15-20 min. Arrived an hour early for out 11:35 train to Pamplona. We are now in Zubiri after our 3rd day of walking. So happy to be back! The magic is still here!

Lisi

Past OR future Camino
Nil
Fyi-we arrived at MAD at 9:05 am on Thurs. Customs went smoothly, lots of walking, escalators, tram, down to luggage retrieval, which we had our QR code scanned before entering. We took a taxi to Atocha, 30 euros and approx 15-20 min. Arrived an hour early for out 11:35 train to Pamplona. We are now in Zubiri after our 3rd day of walking. So happy to be back! The magic is still here!
Great info. Thank you and Buen Camino!

Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Frank Wortley

Past OR future Camino
French Caminos - April/May 2013, March/April 2017 and (Sept/Oct 2018)
Great info. Thank you and Buen Camino!
I am wondering whether catching a plane to Pamplona might be another option. It is easy to get from the airport to the Old City Centre and costs about 1.50 Euros by bus. You can see the bus stop from the airport entrance.

Lisi

Past OR future Camino
Nil
I am wondering whether catching a plane to Pamplona might be another option. It is easy to get from the airport to the Old City Centre and costs about 1.50 Euros by bus. You can see the bus stop from the airport entrance.
Thanks Frank. Flying is actually my first choice but the two flights on that day leave 12:20 and 7:Xxpm. I won't be able to catch the earlier one since my international flight touches down 12:05. The later flight means I Arrive later than the 15:15 bus.

Frank Wortley

Past OR future Camino
French Caminos - April/May 2013, March/April 2017 and (Sept/Oct 2018)
Thanks Frank. Flying is actually my first choice but the two flights on that day leave 12:20 and 7:Xxpm. I won't be able to catch the earlier one since my international flight touches down 12:05. The later flight means I Arrive later than the 15:15 bus.
Yep! Bus is best. Have a gr8 Camino experience.

Frank

1stCaminoFrances

Past OR future Camino
Connie, I think I'm going to be arriving on that same plane in the middle of September. Did you check any luggage? How do you recommend getting to SJPdP from Pamplona?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads