• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Liellehammer or Ringebu?

jrm

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out where I can start for a hike along the Gulbrandsdalen, and with my time frame it may be that I need to start somewhere around Lillehammer ore Ringebu. What is the best way to get to those starting points? Is it flying into Oslo and taking a train? What are my options?

Thanks!

-jon

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, flying to Oslo and getting a train is your best and easiest bet. When are you going? We start from Oslo next week!

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out my timeline now... and so much of my budget will be wrapped up into airfare, so I'm trying to find the most economical times to fly and start my trip. Oslo it is. Thanks so much!

Is there somewhere we can follow your progress from Oslo? Have a wonderful trip!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
From the airport there is a train, Flytoget, that goes straight to the Oslo S main station, where you will find trains going north towards Trondheim. It's really quite quick and convenient. You can also try to get cheap train tickets by booking a while beforehand. As for following us, I will be on instagram @somewhereslowly and more or less sporadically blogging at Somewhereslowly.com - links are below. Let me know if or where I can follow you too!

Thanks all. Just started following you Nidarosa. I've got nothing to follow at the moment, but you're more than welcome to drop in on my Instagram at any time: @donebysaturday

A selection of Camino Jewellery
and if you fly in to Oslo - you’re more than welcome to stay at «our» place... (See earlier post offering a place to stay...) We`re on the pilgrimage route out of Oslo. If you use the local trains from the airport (1 change needed), there`s a train stop less than 10m walk away, and it takes 12m on the train to get into town for the main station. No luxury, but a place to crash....

You should check out the bus possibility as well mayby. They also pass through the airport. Not sure whether it's cheaper, but I always use those getting up north ( but then again, I needed to go further, where there is no trains passing...) For the busses aswell as the train, there are cheaper places if you book in front, so be sure you do this asap Norway is b-e-a-t-i-f-u-l. Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back