• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Lourenzá

CTreacy

Oh no , not again.
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese ( Sep 2017)
Primitivo ( Sep 2018)
Norte (Aug / Sep 2019)
del Plata ( Mar / Apr 2020 ?)
I will do the Norte from Irun in the Autumn. A friend wishes to join me for the last part and given their time Lourenzá would appear to be the best meet up spot. Public transport to the smaller towns and villages seems a little scant. Could someone suggest the best way to get there form Lugo/Oviedo or there abouts ? Local busses I cannot find. Does Uber work there ?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There should be buses in Lourenza. Last year I met two people there who were waiting there for the bus. An alternative would be to take a bus to Mondonedo, it is about 10 kilometer, on the camino, after Lourenza. It is said to be one of the nicest villages of Spain

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I would second the idea of meeting in Mondoñedo. It is a bigger town, only 10 km from Lourenza, and is likely to have more public transportation options. It is a pretty little place, unfortunately fallen on hard times and having trouble getting going again. There is a nice old part tucked away on the other side of the river, a cathedral,and some nice pedestrian streets —a great place for an afternoon meet-up. Lourenza is much smaller, it does have a museum on the famous fabas/beans from the area (more like a room or two with information), but not much else.

Thanks for all the replies. That looks like the best option indeed. A potential headach saved.

Thanks for all the replies. That looks like the best option indeed. A potential headach saved.
Hello
I actually faced this challenge last year. How we solved it. Fly to Asturias Airport. Get Feve train to Ribadeo. From Ribadeo there is a daily bus service and I seem to recall the first stop is Lourenza. It was hard to find out the detail until we got to Ribadeo bus station but it does exist. The bus could even be twice daily. If so find any more details I will forward.
Buen Camino Maggie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ahh, the Feve from Asturias is a good idea too. My friends plans come from the other direction though, Madrid to Lugo by train and then on. Starting the Primitivo last year we used that airport.

Hi Tralee Trekker
I'm pretty sure the arriva bus from Lugo goes to Mondonedo and to Lourenza but this will be clear from the timetable which has already been posted. I walked this stretch last year
Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back