Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

getting to lrun

PeterBarry

Past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi folks,
Terrible weather here in Ireland.
I am interested in doing a section of the north route from Lrun for maybe 5 or 6 days.
I can fly into Biarritz from Dublin easily enough but have no idea how to get to Lrun to start my walking
or how long it would take me to get there (lrun).

Does anybody have a travel plan that I could use from Biarritz to Lrun.

Many Thanks for any help.

Regards

Peter

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

jl

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
Hi Peter, The other option is to get off the train at Hendaye (ie. if it is not continuing onto Irun) and just walk across the bridge into Irun. You would then be walking from France into Spain! From memory it should only take about 20 - 30 mins to get over the bridge and find the arrows - they seeem to leap out at you. Buen Camino, Janet

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
It's true.

But, it's possible, begin walking in Hendaya, 2 km. before Irun, and where is signed with yellow arrows the pass through the frontier between France and Spain by the International bridge. After that, the Irun albergue and so on.

Buen Camino del Norte, you'll love it!

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg