• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

getting to lrun

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi folks,
Terrible weather here in Ireland.
I am interested in doing a section of the north route from Lrun for maybe 5 or 6 days.
I can fly into Biarritz from Dublin easily enough but have no idea how to get to Lrun to start my walking
or how long it would take me to get there (lrun).

Does anybody have a travel plan that I could use from Biarritz to Lrun.

Many Thanks for any help.

Regards

Peter

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Peter, The other option is to get off the train at Hendaye (ie. if it is not continuing onto Irun) and just walk across the bridge into Irun. You would then be walking from France into Spain! From memory it should only take about 20 - 30 mins to get over the bridge and find the arrows - they seeem to leap out at you. Buen Camino, Janet

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It's true.

But, it's possible, begin walking in Hendaya, 2 km. before Irun, and where is signed with yellow arrows the pass through the frontier between France and Spain by the International bridge. After that, the Irun albergue and so on.

Buen Camino del Norte, you'll love it!

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Back