• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Pamplona with Bike.

jumar

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forum and have spent many hours reading past posts with great interest, thanks to all who have posted such good information.
Next May I intend making a trip on my bicycle, how do I transport my bicycle from Burgos to my startin Pamplona, and how do I return to Burgos after the end of the trip 12 days later.

I have read some posts on this subject, however there seems to be no definative answer on the matter, can anybody share their experiences on this.

Regards..jumar

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The ALSA website will tell you which bus runs take bicycles (it looks like most do).

On trains, Renfe says:
On AVE and Larga Distancia

Bicycles will be allowed on trains that have sleeper accommodation (sleeper carriages).

When acquiring the ticket will be owed to request the option of Travelling with bicycles.

In sleeper carriages, whether conventional or Trenhotel trains, bicycles will only be allowed when the compartment is occupied in family mode, in other words, all of the passengers in the compartment are travelling as a group.

As a general rule, only one bicycle per passenger will be allowed, with a maximum of two bicycles per compartment.

Bicycles must be wrapped in bicycle travel cases with the pedals removed and the handlebars rotated 90Âş.

Renfe does not accept responsibility for any loss or damages.

On Media Distancia

Bicycles will be allowed on all Media Distancia trains that have a designated area or enough space to carry them. Only one bicycle per passenger will be allowed as long as there are enough places on the train or the maximum capacity for each carriage or train is not exceeded. Otherwise, the passenger will be entitled to use another Media Distancia train or to a reimbursement of the price of the journey not made.

In general, passengers travelling in a group with more than three bicycles must be authorised by Renfe-Operadora beforehand. Only in the case of authorised groups can the maximum limit for each carriage or train be exceeded.

This service is available for all Media Distancia trains but it can be limited on overcrowded trains. Maximum limits per train and carriage can be established for this service. This service will not occupy a seat nor can a seat be reserved for this purpose. The price will be the one established on the current price list.

Passengers transporting a bicycle must take proper care to ensure the safety and comfort of other passengers and will be responsible for any damages to the train and injuries to third parties.

In Special Price NÂş 6 there may be limits on this service, depending on the date, time, period and route.

On CercanĂ­as

Bicycles will be allowed on the trains and at the times authorised in each CercanĂ­as Network. Only one bicycle per passenger will be allowed.

Renfe-Operadora does not accept responsibility for any loss or damages caused to bicycles during the journey. Owners will be responsible for loading, storing and unloading their bicycles.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back