• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Paris from Santiago

Acordner

I will be arriving in Santiago early November, but my flight back to the States is out of Paris. Anyone have good suggestion as to the best way to get there? I'm not finding flights at that time oddly enough

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Acordner,

There is one RENFE train, Arco 00280, which goes everyday from Santiago to Irun/Hendaye which is the Spanish/French border. This leaves Santiago at 9:59 am and arrives at the border about 21:00 pm. Check here for more. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/ In Hendaye you can get the a TGV direct o Paris. The first available one after 21:00 is 06:45 the following morning. Check here for further info. http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

The RENFE train needs a reservation. It is easily booked directly at the rr station in Santiago. As long as you are NOT traveling at a peak time such as a holiday you should have no trouble booking this train two or three days before you wish to travel. The TGV to Paris also needs a reservation; however you can usually get a reservation and a ticket on the spot.

After many caminos I have taken this combo to return to Paris and have always found the slow train journey crossing Spain a pleasant method of 're-entry' into non-camino life.

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

If you must fly try flying Santiago to London and London to Paris. Easy Jet and Ryan Air are probably best choices.

/

London would mean more hassle with passport control etc. Likely better to make a connection in Barcelona staying in the Schengen zone. Avoiding UK airport lines.

I can't tell when the return trip is . Skyscanner is claiming over €80 for November. But less then €50 for December.

If you really prefer flying to Paris instead training, yes definitely try with http://www.skyscanner.net/. For example on 6th November there is a flight operated by RyanAir to Barcelona and EasyJet to Paris Charles de Gaulle for 27€ (taxes and fees not incl.).

There's also Spanish lowcost air company http://www.vueling.com/en, which has flights to Paris Orly in early November for about 90€ (most taxes and fees incl.).

Ultreia!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I flew with Vueling from SDC to Paris. A short flight. You can book it at a travel agents in SDC. I found them to be really helpful.

I flew with Vueling from SDC to Paris. A short flight. You can book it at a travel agents in SDC. I found them to be really helpful.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Sadly Vueling doesn't fly that route in November but I did however find a cheap $150 ticket from Vigo to Paris on Air France. Vigo is only one hour by car from Santiago. Would have loved the train, but life calls and will need to get home!

Ah well, enjoy the flights and all the best for your Camino. A life changing experience for me. So much so that I am going back next year with my brother. It will be the first time in 40 years that we will have spent more than a few hours together.
Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back